What's new

Fedora/hat ID help

I've seen a couple fedoras around that I like (or what I thought were fedoras) but can't seem to find one in a store.
Its a smaller looking fedora, but the back of the brim is curled and front brim is flat. Does anyone know what these are called? Is it just a different variation of a fedora?
Thanks in advance!

Found them. What do you guys think of these?
Screenshot_20180516-135709.png
Screenshot_20180516-135743.png

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Found them. What do you guys think of these?

I like the style, but not the colour. For straw hats like these (regardless of the actual material, they are woven with the particular look and construction of a hat traditionally made of straw) I like lighter colours (creams and tans, or natural straw colour) as the hats are intended for hot-weather wear. Darker colours work best with felt hats made for cooler weather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like them both. Tho the colors may be warmer on your noggin, unless you're like me and sit in the shade.

Not a pork pie hat?

Nope, it's a Trilby for sure. Mine is natural color made from paper. Picked it up years ago at a local chain department store. The OP might check out the Village Hat Shop online. I've been pleased with several purchases over the last few years.

I like the style, but not the colour. For straw hats like these (regardless of the actual material, they are woven with the particular look and construction of a hat traditionally made of straw) I like lighter colours (creams and tans, or natural straw colour) as the hats are intended for hot-weather wear. Darker colours work best with felt hats made for cooler weather.

Although I don't have a trilby, it is a cool looking hat. To your point regarding the color and hat material, if the same holds true for the trilby as it does for cowboy hats, the "rule" is straw hats are worn from Memorial Day to Labor Day and felt hats are worn from Labor Day to Memorial Day. I pretty much follow the "rule".

Top Bottom