What's new

FedEx is destroying its own brand and maybe more

The agent claims it is due to excess packages and they will try their best to get it out on the next plane. Is it me or is that a lame excuse for a shipping company?
It reminds me in a way of my old network operations manager. "Our network was dead reliable until we let users on it."

... my Simpson brush has been in transit with FedEx for 2 weeks and is still in London. The agent claims it is due to excess packages and they will try their best to get it out on the next plane. Is it me or is that a lame excuse for a shipping company?

Shipping by any means is like spinning a roulette wheel and holding your breath. Between shippers and customs and covid, who knows? A year ago I ordered a sample pack of 30 blades from Germany that took over a month to get. Earlier this year I ordered a $90 silent film from Amazon France and I had it in 5 days. I was shocked. Packages and cards we send to kids and grandkids within the US don't get there that quick.

We shipped UPS exclusively here at work for years. Recently switched to FedEx due to many UPS irritations. For a while (maybe a year) Fed Ex was VERY good. Easy to deal with. Quick. Cheap. In the last month or so maybe, Fed Ex has started going down hill. Losing packages. Not showing up for pick up. Delivering to the wrong address. I am not sure what is going on with them.

OK, as someone who's "in the business", here's my take.

First off, these are multi-billion dollar global corporations. Y'all thinking you're smarter than them is, at best, pretty funny, at worst, just plain obnoxious. They're juggling thousands of conflicting priorities every hour, you only see one very small slice of what's going on. There's a reason for EVERYTHING they do, and they know the right answer to the penny.

Segundo, yes mistakes get made, and yes there are still humans involved so not everything is 100% optimized. But that truck is taking a very carefully calculate route for very specific reasons, they're not just driving past your house 4 times for the fun of it.

Tertio, global supply chain is completed effed up right now. Ships are waiting weeks to berth at West Coast ports. Rails are congested, warehouses are full, everyone is working at 200% capacity. Get used to it, it's going be like this for a while.

Side note - logistics is screwed up partially because of COVID (ie, Yantian port just closed down for a week, terminals in the US shut down semi-regularly when a Covid case is found, every trucker and warehouse is working with short staff bc of distancing protocols, etc.) and partly a systemic shift to a consumption economy this year when everyone stopped going to movies and concerts and stayed home buying furniture and clothes and electronics.

At least this can't be blamed on those of us who buy shaving goods. 😁
True because we have ALWAYS bought too many shave goods not just when the pandemic arose.

As stated earlier, there are always underlying details that come into play that we do not see. There are also shoddy employees. Uncontrollable "acts of God". Mechanical failure. Computer system bugs/quirks/glitches. Little bit of everything. I can deal with it when it is shave goods lost or taking forever. When it is my sons diabetic supplies, it is a little harder to work around. But we manage :)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
🤔 Interesting. I have a missing FedEx package right now. Made it to one of their centers and vanished.

Used to be USPS was the crapshoot...

AA
This happens a lot also with Philippines Post. Only about half of my parcels get through. If I'm lucky some of the missing parcels can be found later on line for sale. Filipinos can be very enterprising.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This happens a lot also with Philippines Post. Only about half of my parcels get through. If I'm lucky some of the missing parcels can be found later on line for sale. Filipinos can be very enterprising.

I saw that once in a latin city I lived in. Reading the classified ads, I saw "Missing brown chihuahua, if seen, please call xxx-xxxx."

I yawned, turned the page, and read "Se vende chihuahua morena, llama xxx-xxxx..." 🤣 I was howling! Sure hope it was the same dog....

AA

Fedex just last week did not bring home 3 2day packages....different sources...one is even same town.
Now, one package from Canada, via their post and USPS, was left 15days in Chicago.....collecting dust, no idea when they will deliver. All probably with the excuse of the pandemic .....

Not good to hear. I just ordered another kettlebell and they shipped it through USPS. It's scheduled delivery is tomorrow. I'm hoping. It's a light one so I can do doubles but weight probably doesn't matter for USPS. My last USPS package was delayed 8-days.

Before, they used FedEx, and I always use the same kettlebell company so maybe they know something about FedEx.

Fedex smartpost never fails to disappoint. I have a package enroute from WCS out of SC.

This is today:

At 12:34 am arrives Concord, NC

2:41 am departs Concord, NC

12:44 pm arrives again Concord, NC

They are literally going in circles. What a joke.

Fedex smartpost never fails to disappoint. I have a package enroute from WCS out of SC.

This is today:

At 12:34 am arrives Concord, NC

2:41 am departs Concord, NC

12:44 pm arrives again Concord, NC

They are literally going in circles. What a joke.

That’s likely just moving around inside the facility.

I forgot to mention in a previous post I have a package coming from Poland. 54 days and counting... Longest previous delivery over the years was 30ish days once from China once from Australia.

You know, I can't even remember the last time I received a FedEx package on the day I was supposed to get it. They're always late, including the one that was supposed to be delivered today.

Top Bottom