What's new

Federal Cannon Ammo in Stock.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Yes! Plus you can shoot .45 LC in the .454. (I'd bet you'd shoot more .45s than .454s in the long run!)

unless your hunting big game I am not sure why you would want to shoot .454 on a regular basis. 😀

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I almost picked up some .41 mag "bear loads" but passed as I have no need for them. Had they been standard 210 gr. .41 mag loads I'd have scooped them up. I have a S&W Mountain gun that has been fired only a few times, the wooden grips that came on it are very angular, not at all like classic S&W grips. I have to say it's the most uncomfortable pistol I have ever fired. And that's just with standard .41 mag loads. I've since bought some Pachmayer rubber grips, but have yet to install them. I'm actually looking to load some ".41 Special" loads. Although not SAAMI, Starline makes brass for it in limited runs.

I have a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull and it is fun to shoot. I do shoot 45LC through it. I call it my 5 shot 6 shooter. I need to get beck to the range. Haven't done much for shooting in a couple years. I am not that good but fun trying to blow up gallon water jugs at 100 yards with open sites. It may not be something one shoots on a regular basis but after a half box or maybe a full box I switch to 45LC and plink away.

Weighing in at over 3 pounds, the recoil is really not bad at all. We have an old john deere 3300 that's been sitting back in a field for about 40 years that is pretty fun to shoot with a 454.

🤔 The 500 S&W does an adequate job on squirrels.

AA
It's just barely adequate for these demon black squirrels we have around here.
Eastern_Grey_Squirrel-black.jpg

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
I have a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull and it is fun to shoot...
Speaking of Taurus mini-cannons, one of my non-purchase regrets was -still is- their Raging Thirty .30 Carbine ... these days, a guy could pick up a Noveske for less than the cost of that particular Taurus revolver.

Speaking of Taurus mini-cannons, one of my non-purchase regrets was -still is- their Raging Thirty .30 Carbine ... these days, a guy could pick up a Noveske for less than the cost of that particular Taurus revolver.

I didn't know they made a Raging thirty, might have to look into one. I have a 30 carbine and it is a fun to shoot gun. I would guess they must be rare. I picked up my 454 about 8-10 years ago I think. Bought it used and got a real good deal, guessing the person trading it in didn't like the wrist jarring recoil. I have the black one and at the time it was just discontinued. To keep costs down I reload for both the 454 and the 45LC. At close to a $1.50 a round it isn't exactly economic to shoot even though I don't shoot it that often.

Top Bottom