What's new

February photo of the month

Black-crowned Night-Heron
06DD6CFA-8CB6-4C0E-87E6-48DB32664083.jpeg

It
Fellas , it has to be a shot done in the month of feburary. lol
It's not post away going back 5 years. Not saying any of you have done this , but someone will. lol

Edit : I see someone hasn't been able to get out over the last year.

What the hell...........nevermind, post away!
it’s ok I will take my picture out from the contest! Can a mod please delete it?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Nah man, leave it.
All good.
Good decision. If I may be indulged, perhaps folks that post entries could give us some details? Lol, I live vicariously through you people!

Almost EVERY bird in Michigan is smarter than I, and has already migrated south of this frozen tundra!
IMG_20210205_163358329.jpg

Obviously not an entry, just the view outside my front window. Typical Michigan day, grey, dreary and lifeless!

Good decision. If I may be indulged, perhaps folks that post entries could give us some details? Lol, I live vicariously through you people!

Almost EVERY bird in Michigan is smarter than I, and has already migrated south of this frozen tundra!View attachment 1218735
Obviously not an entry, just the view outside my front window. Typical Michigan day, grey, dreary and lifeless!
Haha yeah I live in Canada so used to the frozen wasteland.
I have a bird feeder up that usually attracts some jays or cardinals during the winter. Lots of chickadees and finches year round here.

Here’s two shots from before it took off.
70FC1022-2BF0-44B8-93B8-F82680BF12E3.jpegABF14DA1-CCB2-4726-A0ED-9F35CF1DFF6F.jpeg
I took these in the spring of 2019. But this hawk is still always around my house, but doesn’t come as close as it used too

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In the summer I get some huge hawks flying over the chickens. They are amazing the way they float up and down on the thermals.

here is one I took back in November, so it is not for score consideration, just a fun picture on the topic of the month.
View attachment 1220586
Nice job, they are all in such good focus. I have been trying to get a decent Birds in Flight shot for last couple of days and it is way harder than I thought it would be. But that is why I like these contests so much, great way to learn and practise.

We have a lot of the non-migrating geese like a lot of towns do. These were at a local school playground, fertilizing the grass.... I have noticed that a large flock is actually comprised of a bunch of small ones. And just before a small group takes off, they start honking. So I swung the camera to where the commotion was and focused, knowing that would take off into the wind.
But I will admit, it was a pretty lucky shot.

I have been trying for a week, about an hour a day and just can't get the hang of keeping eye and body in focus! This is something I really have to spend more time on. It was a great way to kill some Covid time though.
IMG_6409.jpeg
This is probably the best of the hundreds I took. Heavily cropped, sharpened, and curves adjusted. f/11, 1/3200, ISO1600, 218mm. Taken Feb. 19/2021 at small storm water collection pond in our neighbourhood.

I'll start the voting. I'm impressed by the great shots you all have taking of our feathered friends. As usual this is a tough call, but my vote goes for # 18. I love seeing all of those mallards together!

Top Bottom