What's new

February Photo Challenge: Parallel lines

The February photo challenge is...

Parallel lines

A quick Google brings up the following examples: Railway track; edges of a ruler; Zebra Crossing; pencils in a line; electrical wires; ruled paper; fork tines; steps or stairs; railings; keys of a piano; stack of books; skis; shelves

Here is the standard set of rules for the contest, or at least the last ones that know of. If anyone knows anything different, please comment below. It's a long time since I've run one of these.
  • the winner of the previous month's challenge picks a new theme and starts the thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Try and make the image a recent one, within reason.
  • The competition/challenge/assignment runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th to the 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
Best of British to all!

Peter

I used my widest non fisheye lens 7.5mm on M4/3 sensor (15mm full frame equivalent) to really exaggerate the converging parallels and give it a bigger than life feel. Lit with small speed light and softbox mounted on camera. Cropped to 16-9 and minor adjustments to exposure, contrast, color and sharpening.
P1066379-2.jpg

I used my widest non fisheye lens 7.5mm on M4/3 sensor (15mm full frame equivalent) to really exaggerate the converging parallels and give it a bigger than life feel. Lit with small speed light and softbox mounted on camera. Cropped to 16-9 and minor adjustments to exposure, contrast, color and sharpening.
View attachment 1406868
There's a piano that has some stories to tell!

There's a piano that has some stories to tell!
It's a Story and Clark from around 1890 or so. I don't know much of it's past it came with our house. The former owner refinished the wood, but never got around to replacing the ivories. I kind of like the looks of the original keys next to the refinished wood so I've left it that way. I had it tuned many years ago and used to plink around on it a bit, but it's getting pretty out of tune lately. My daughter and other kids have had and still occasionally have fun banging around on it.

Top Bottom