What's new

February 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in - DFS+

Rocket HD500, Personna Platinum (2), Wickham Classic 24, Simpsons Special Pure, Tuncer No. 2 splash

EBA7405B-BF2E-4115-8CF6-5B3E0C2CC8BF.jpeg

DD021991-6184-43C1-A198-B4D1011629AC.jpeg

Date03.02.2023
365 days of shaving34/365 (100%)
GRUYERE34/365 (100%)
GRUME February03/28 (100%)
Other participations
  • Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
  • Discovery Blade Adventure
  • One Blade in February (OBiF)

Passes3.5 and touch ups
XWTGCheeks: N-S
Neck: N-S
WXTG (2)Cheeks L: W-E
Cheeks R: E-W
Neck: S-N
XATG (0.5)Cheeks: S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Green Cult 2.0 IITiger Platinum (3)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Dutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

EfficiencyQuality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS-)6.5/10 (harsh bordering comfortable)

Notes to today’s shave:

Third shave with my Green Cult Flask. And also third shave with the Tiger, perhaps against better judgment but only one way to find out. And it actually turned out to be a nice shave. No BBS, no full blown DFS, but overall smooth without irritation, nicks or redness is perfectly fine in my book!

I loaded super heavy (for me) on the Fat - I think I counted to 30. It worked because I had a nice rich and creamy lather. Just what the shaving doctor ordered. Great glide for this razor and blade. I guess sufficient cushion against potential harhness.

This razor is fun (@flask28 - wonderful choice!!)! It somehow is less intuitive than any of my other razors (well the Flatboy perhaps) and therefore more sides to be explored.

More details on today's shave can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave!

Still in!!

Yesterday I learned that my one exception for the GRUYERE has shipped. I was on the waiting list for a Wolfman WR2 razor head and it should arrive here next week.

Hopefully I understand the rules for the monthly restraint, but since I'm in the GRUYERE, I believe the arrival of the new razor allows me to stay in the monthly restraint. Am I correct on that?

Enjoy your weekend my friends!

20230203_064841.jpg

Still in!!

Yesterday I learned that my one exception for the GRUYERE has shipped. I was on the waiting list for a Wolfman WR2 razor head and it should arrive here next week.

Hopefully I understand the rules for the monthly restraint, but since I'm in the GRUYERE, I believe the arrival of the new razor allows me to stay in the monthly restraint. Am I correct on that?

Yes, Brandon @FoolishMortal honours GRUYERE exceptions!!

I could send you a sampler ☝🏽😃
Entering into PIFs would be a violation of GRUYERE rules... 🤷‍♂️
Accepting a kind, unprovoked offer is not the same as entering a PIF. :)

And while this isn't a trade, per se, @silverlifter did showcase one of my favorite rules.
Still in!!

View attachment 1599547
@Balin is correct; your GRUYERE exception will not put you out of GRUME. I'm not a monster! :devil:

Top Bottom