What's new

February 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

Gillette New RFB
Personna Lab Blue (26)
Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
TOBS Sandalwood
Stirling Gentleman

IMG-4119_DSC_4119 (2).JPG

I haven't bought any shaving supplies locally in years, but yesterday I was wandering through the grooming aisle in a local grocery store and saw a box of the King C Gillette blades and decided to see what all the fuss was about with these blades. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that this was a shaving purchase that knocks me out. :c8:

Thanks guys, it's been fun!

Ok, so a surprise package showed up this afternoon. Three emails to customer service for updates with zero replies - I had chalked this up to the loss column a while back.

Ordered 7th of Jan from France and showed up today.

Took an opportunity during a virtual meeting to cut some whisker. From initial perspective, this soap is very temperamental, more so than MWF. I loaded very heavy and got a nice dense foam, which faded out really quickly to a thin haze, though very slick to produce a DFS

Mastering this may be my March GRUME challenge

View attachment 1415769

Mühle R89 - Nacet (3)
View attachment 1415770
you mean my homeland customer service is sub par ? really you sure it was not in Belgium ? .... nah only french could see english and just shrug it off and go about there day making sure to forget it as fast as they saw it

SOTyesterD
  • 1908 Single Ring #A538840
  • Nacet (20) - OBiF
  • Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus
  • Vintage Fuller boar (?)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
A considered two-pass shave with lovely results.

I had a bit more than 48 hours of growth, and I've been using the 6S exclusively for a while now, so it seemed like it was time to change it up and pull out a heavy hitter. The Single Ring is my oldest razor (no surprise), but it's still in fighting shape - the obligatory crack at the top of the handle, but no bent teeth.

This razor is light, which may lure the unwary into using too much pressure. A very light touch and slick lather, paired with a sharp blade, will reward a careful user with a wonderful shave and little fuss. After two passes, I had a result on par with any of my other top-tier shaves, with a tiny nick and no appreciable irritation.

Nice.

Onward!

I haven't bought any shaving supplies locally in years, but yesterday I was wandering through the grooming aisle in a local grocery store and saw a box of the King C Gillette blades and decided to see what all the fuss was about with these blades. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that this was a shaving purchase that knocks me out. :c8:

Thanks guys, it's been fun!
A moment's inattention can often be an undoing of sorts. However, you have the blades, so definitely let us know how they perform!
Gentlemen I’m out, just shy of the finishing line.

I got an unsolicited offer for a British Gen1 Aristocrat to complement my US Gen1…

Also if someone is looking for a cased British Gen3 I’m open for a trade.

View attachment 1416306
That's a worthy reason to fall out. It's gorgeous! As for your trade...if only it were a RFB...

The standard "please continue to play along at home, don't turn a stumble into a faceplant" stuff applies for the two of you. Of course, you've been around long enough to know that. :)

And when dos amigos fall, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal (OBiF)
2) @Timeclo
3) @ChriWilson
4) @Sammy671
5) Roedeer - out (2/5: ASB)
6) SharpieB - out (2/5: Seaforth mug, vintage razors)
7) @ShavingPanda
8) @sarir97
9) Multum in parvo - out (2/26: British Aristocrat)
10) @Doti B
11) @JAHE (GRUYERE, OBiF)
12) @elmo_koffman (GRUYERE)
13) @hopper_64 (OBiF)
14) @Angus MacAngus (GRUYERE)
15) @BobbyB
16) wmadoty (GRUYERE, OBiF) - out (2/12: vintage razors)
17) @Balin (GRUYERE)
18) @Contact_vs_Feedback
19) @sandorfi
20) @Lee93 (GRUYERE)
21) @cryhavoc
22) @bubo_strix
23) @kjbarth (GRUYERE, OBiF)
24) @Abz88
25) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
26) Berwick12 - out (2/6: Razor lot)
27) @2bit_collie
28) Leverspro - out (2/26: KCG blades)
29) JWCowboy (GRUYERE, OBiF) - out (2/21: Varlet and Wolfman)
30) @Themadshaver18
31) @La Malice (OBiF)
32) Dodger59 - out (2/16: Artisan handle)
33) @FL shaver
34) Jack Goossen - out (2/21: Nivea ASB)
35) @bjm (OBiF)
36) @Dominic
37) @Stuart Ganis
38) @B_R_A_D (GRUYERE)

GRUME : last and done 14/14 (every other day shave here)
One Blade in February : done with my month too, 2 blade used 9/14 and then 5 / 5

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Pure by Gillette
Razor : Merkur 34 HD Chrome
Blade : Voshkod (8)
Post : alum block Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive balm, gold bond powder

Lazy morning here, I have not watch a rugby game in many many years and have not watch a 6th Nation game in 15 years. Last week my son needed to watch a video only available in Canada so my wife gave in and paid for a VPN. So I decided yesterday to watch Scotland France ... which was a no go, the quality of the video was at best on par with 2008 youtube video, aka slow, interrupting all the time and fully pixelized . In one word I gave up after a few minutes . As I had not read any news since yesterday morning, I decided to give it a go this morning again ... boy that was the right move, not 4k quality but definitely enjoyable and a win for France to boot it.

crap ... this is a shaving forum ... let me get back on track

2 hours of game early in the morning put me last in line for the shower and after the wife daughter and son, lets say that the water tank was near empty, no need to mix cold water with the hot one ...

After this week experience with the current blade I was dragging at the idea of shaving, was not looking forward that moment ... but what do you know extra attention well behaved blade and a no nick no cut , borderline CCS, 2 pass and clean up, missed the left side jawline clean up for a true CCS.

Gentleman see you next month in the March GRUME and after this week end french win and next month Bluebonnet bloom, it will be an all blue month for me ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom