What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. SOTD - 25 FEB 2021

SOTD 02252021.jpg

Decent shave today. Proraso felt slick but drying on the face. DE89 paired w/ Feather (2) felt very smooth but not as efficient as I'd like. I had to buff quite a bit in the cleanup and left my skin a bit tender. Clean DFS result with slight irritations.

Still in

Pre Shave: Hot shower and Neutrogena face wash
Razor: WCS Toothsome head
Blade: Kai (8)
Brush: Maggard Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
AS Balm: Nivea
AS: Stirling Executive Man
Beard Oil: Stirling Executive Man
EDT: Stirling Executive Man

Full on Stirling Executive Man morning. I attacked a three day stubble with a little hesitation since this is the 8th shave with this blade but to my delight it sliced right through. Nice smooth three pass shave with no nicks, weepers, or irritation. Afterwards I hit my face with my alum block and there was no out of the ordinary bite. I continue to be impressed by this blade.

6CE38F7E-65C5-4C74-9FDD-A46017E9AA08.jpeg

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium OC / Scalloped Top Cap & .95 Titanium SB / Smooth Top Cap
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (1)
Brush: Chisel and Hound “Buffalo Valley” 26mm V9 Fanchurian
Lather: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave Splash
Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Timeless Lather Bowl
Omega Alum Stick

Still in. Fantastic shave today

Still in.

I managed to finally dial in the sweet spot for the Chubby 3 (phew).
It took me 10+ attempts, a lot of soaps, wrist and heartache and finally I got it right.
I managed to repeat the almost same results two times this week and both times it was with Mitchell's soap.

Talk about having expensive taste, but the lather it gives and the efforts it took were worth it.

I got an opportunity to learn more about the brush, soap combination and technique has also improved (hopefully).

RazoRock BBS Stainless Steel
Chubby 3
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Gillette 7 O'clock Black (7)
Anherb ASC

IMG_20210227_154132.jpg

Top Bottom