What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in but I don’t think I’ll have time to shave today.

The PAA Star Jelly @Sinnbad11 traded with me arrived today. I’m excited to try it but kind of want him to receive the blades I sent before I go crazy. I’ll give the USPS until EOB tomorrow then Sinnbad is on his own and I’m taking a run at the jelly.

Is it just me or has the February GRUME been extra hard on folks? I need to go back and look at the past percentages.

Still in. SOTD - 22 FEB 2021

SOTD 02222021.jpg

Decent shave today. I didn't enjoy the Personna Platinum blade as much as I expected. Felt mild and tuggy ATG. I really enjoyed the broken in SOC boar though. Soft and just a bit of scrub on the face.

I did see some good deals but I don't need em. Although there is a razor coming out that will not be produced after its initial release... This is going to determine my status in March. Still thinking through it...

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, no oil
Soap: Palmolive, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 OC, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Brut AS, Nivea Balm.

Having read tempting stuff about the latest RazoRock offerings, I revisited the neglected .68 open comb plate, which might be a daily driver.

It makes less audio feedback than the safety bar, so I suspect it clamps the blade down more firmly. Got a reasonable result. To find out whether I can get a perfect ATG performance out of it, I'll have to give it a solid week, which will also get me safely out of February...

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm out...
PAA released something so simultaneously interesting and disgusting I decided I had to try it. I will report back once it's recieved and play at home for the rest of the week.
Edit: I didn't include the product name, it's rocket ramen. A ramen noodle scented soap.
I'm holding out for a Cincinnati Chili Parlor scented soap and splash. 'Flatulence in a Bottle' with a cinnamon top note and a boiled hot dog base.

I'm out...
PAA released something so simultaneously interesting and disgusting I decided I had to try it. I will report back once it's recieved and play at home for the rest of the week.
Edit: I didn't include the product name, it's rocket ramen. A ramen noodle scented soap.

Tell me more about why I'm supposed to smell like I spilled my lunch all over my shirt. :laugh:

Tell me more about why I'm supposed to smell like I spilled my lunch all over my shirt. :laugh:
I just may have to! When it gets delivered of course. I have a feeling it's going to be used once a year on the anniversary of when I graduated college, or something like that lol.

Owen Bawn

I have heard the super fatted hot dog water makes a great aftershave base, if a bit greasy.
Ever been to South Bend, Indiana, home to the University of Notre Dame? The entire city smells like water in which hotdogs have been boiled. Why is that?

Ever been to South Bend, Indiana, home to the University of Notre Dame? The entire city smells like water in which hotdogs have been boiled. Why is that?
I've not been to South bend, but I have a lake property over that way. I may have to make the short trip to try that particular assault on my senses.

Owen Bawn

I've not been to South bend, but I have a lake property over that way. I may have to make the short trip to try that particular assault on my senses.
- Why can you always know that a guy went to Notre Dame within a minute of meeting him?
- Because he tells you he went there as he shakes your hand and says hello.

At this point, I'm not sure why I stray from the Rockwell. I had a few days' growth and while the Slim would have done a decent job with a fair bit of buffing, the R4 plate knocked it off with aplomb. There's an appeal to the beautiful utilitarianism of the Rockwell that doesn't excite so much as it satisfies, at least for me, but I need to be reminded on occasion, and so I look elsewhere, only to come back to what works.

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S (4)
  • Nacet (22) - OBiF
  • The Mug of Gross
  • Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Dominica Bay Rum AS

Top Bottom