What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

I'm also participating in the One setup for a week theme (and society).
With the delivery of all the placed orders complete, it occurred to me that I need time to properly dial in my shave routine (duh).

So, today's set-up will be repeated for this week.

Razor : RazoRock BBS Stainless Steel
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (4)
Soap : Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush : Omega 10005
A/ S : Anherb ASC

RATING : 7/10

We all know the easier things that you don't worry too much about, because they are easy, and in the end we mess up in the same little things.

Today's sure shot thing which got bungled up was my razor.
I managed to get irritation around my neck area, it was because I became impatient with BBS razor.

Game Changer OC 84 has really spoiled me, and anything less than that, doesn't get enough respect.

Tomorrow, I'll be more gentle with the BBS.

IMG_20210221_185237.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Still in.
Razor: FOCS
Blade: PolSilver (3)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Timeless
Soap & A/S: CC Nor’easter
Great shave today. Wanted to try the FOCS again as I haven’t used it since I received my Karve for Christmas! Also this was the best lather I’ve had with this brush to date. I’ve been breaking in this brush and it keeps getting better! Tried the @Marco method today for the first time. I was thoroughly impressed! Thank you for sharing that technique with us!View attachment 1226112

At your disposal, Sir. :001_smile

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I spent the night fighting with the devil over at the Paladin site, where in the latest drop there were two brushes I've long sought- 26mm El Dorados in turquoise and in jade. I made it to sunrise without buying one but the obsession is strong. I just saw in another thread that the turquoise one sold but the jade, the one I REALLY want, is still there. I hope it sells soon, cuz I'm feeling weak.

This, my friends, is why I shouldn't visit any vendor's site during a restraint.

I spent the night fighting with the devil over at the Paladin site, where in the latest drop there were two brushes I've long sought- 26mm El Dorados in turquoise and in jade. I made it to sunrise without buying one but the obsession is strong. I just saw in another thread that the turquoise one sold but the jade, the one I REALLY want, is still there. I hope it sells soon, cuz I'm feeling weak.

This, my friends, is why I shouldn't visit any vendor's site during a restraint.

Atta boy, making it sunrise is the hardest part! You got this.

I have learned very quickly in my first restraint, unsubscribe to vendor emails and don’t visit sites. I find it hard enough seeing all the nice gear you guys have, I just keep telling myself when I see something nice that it’s sold out and I shouldn’t look because then I’ll be disappointed. I’d rather be jealous then disappointed haha

Owen Bawn

Atta boy, making it sunrise is the hardest part! You got this.

I have learned very quickly in my first restraint, unsubscribe to vendor emails and don’t visit sites. I find it hard enough seeing all the nice gear you guys have, I just keep telling myself when I see something nice that it’s sold out and I shouldn’t look because then I’ll be disappointed. I’d rather be jealous then disappointed haha
I unsubscribed from them all months ago. But a tweet from Paladin got through, and that's all it took. They don't release brushes (nor do they tweet) very often, so I hadn't muted them on the twitter machine.

Still in.

Nice leisurely Sunday shave. The weather finally is above 0 F (-18 C) but the ground is still very cold. We had 10 minutes of rain which froze instantly when it hit the ground. Then it turned to snow so we have new snow on ice. Yay, yay indeed.

Same hardware with the exception of pulling out my first synthetic. It’s a Razorock Plissoft (I think 24mm and $10). I’ve been DE shaving since 2005 but only started using a brush and soap a few years ago. Then I only used badger and boar until the Razorock. This brush was an epiphany for me. It works great for face shaving but was a little small for both head and face. Still, it’s a wonderful brush that cost next to nothing. Since then I’ve added larger synthetics to my boar and badger rotation.

I hope you’re all having/had a great weekend!

Note: this is the one year anniversary of me getting my Leaf. I’ve used it about 95% of the time for head shaves. My many other razors are being neglected.

Owen Bawn

The jade brush is sold, but I'm not the buyer, and I'm still in the restraint.

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, no oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R3, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Used the Rockwell on autopilot, for another lazy weekend shave. I've been neglecting Arko recently, because that puck is all worn down and uneven. Time to grate another stick of lemony goodness.

Still in.

Gillette New Improved (Silver Plated, England made)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword White Vintage (2)
Simpsons 7 Manchurian
SV 70th
Thayers WH

For lathering I used shallow Huon wood bowl, I normally don't bowl lather, but it was really great with the M7 and SV soap.

22nd Feb.jpg

This morning I received a tempting email with a merchant selling 3 different New Improved Big Fellow razors, all in their wooden boxes. Fortunately for me, all of these had bent teeth/comb guards, so I passed. I already have 2 NI Big Fellows in Gold, but I really want a silver one in the wood box to finish the collection.
We say to temptation: Not today

Still in. Haven’t shaved since Thursday; another weekend of manual labor. Shower and shave tonight before bed and Monday morning work.

E9C5E3D4-2E7B-45C1-A8F5-74EFE8F71EB1.jpeg

Courtesy of Shave Roulette. You’re looking at a dead soldier here; tonight I took the last bit out of that tube of Erasmic I bought two years ago. Going to miss it, but never had plans to replace it, because too many other lather products in the house and here in the US it’s expensive for how much you get. Sure does make a great lather though.

It made a really great lather tonight with the TSS Mimik brush with its STF fiber. I’m sure glad I own this. It’sa favorite.

Got a no-red DFS with the Milwaukee First razor, a vintage from a long-gone local barber supply house. The razor carries the Henckels Zwillingswerk logo. Was pretty tuggy on three day stubble, even after using the pasted strop. Needs work.

I bailed out of the aftershave I was supposed to use. No sense wasting aftershave right before bed. I finished with Sea Breeze.

And off to dreamland.

Top Bottom