What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Well, I got shaving stuff for Valentine's Day.
I said don't buy me soaps because I'm in a GRUME. Maybe I should have been more specific.View attachment 1222802
The darn fiance strikes again, similar to December when she got me a boar brush as a surprise gift she got me additional shaving stuff as a combo anniversary/valentines gift this past weekend. She got me another brush and a gem ocmm.
The situation was basically identical to before, I didn't request anything of the nature (in fact I gave her golf alternatives I was interested in!). So Im fairly sure I'm still in? Let me know otherwise but I think I'm in the clear. Here is the brush and razor pictured in today's SOTD, the brush is her favorite color!
View attachment 1223092
Congrats, guys! I also have "standing orders" not to buy me any more soap, but nobody even tries to skirt the rules to buy other shave gear for me...

Still in. We're on the home straight now.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, no oil
Soap: MWF, bowl-lathered (day 5)
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84 SB, Wizamet #8, GC.68 SB, Astra SP #1
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

An easy and irritation-free DFS. Getting the right lather out of MWF is becoming automatic now. I think using it all the time keeps it slightly hydrated, and easy to use.

Tuesday Headshave

IMG-1997.jpg

Razor: Ming Shi 2000S
Blade: Schick Super Stainless
Brush: Proraso Professional (Omega) Boar
Soap: Stirling Ramblin' Man
Aftershave: Nivea Protect & Care Balm

Still in

Still in.

My last purchase of 2020 has finally shipped. I sent my deceased uncle's Tech in to be replated with rhodium. It's only taken since August :)

I've had by grandfather's NEW LC and my dad's Superspeed replated with rhodium earlier. These gentlemen used their razors for decades and they were pretty worn. I did it for sentimental reasons but I do enjoy the LC and you really can't go wrong with a Tech.

Still in.

My last order from January came in. This will be the real test now knowing I have nothing new coming in to quench my AD 😬. I’m really excited about using what I have so should be good for a while anyways.

Thanks again @Grundi and @AnimalCatcher for allowing me to be part of the Kai Participation PIF.

First order from First Canadian Shave. Both MF’er and the Notorious sample smell amazing, can’t wait to use them.

1A01ED26-E02D-46D0-979F-1C6B283EE283.jpeg

Still in.

My last order from January came in. This will be the real test now knowing I have nothing new coming in to quench my AD 😬. I’m really excited about using what I have so should be good for a while anyways.

Thanks again @Grundi and @AnimalCatcher for allowing me to be part of the Kai Participation PIF.

First order from First Canadian Shave. Both MF’er and the Notorious sample smell amazing, can’t wait to use them.

View attachment 1223996
Stupid name but amazing soap and AS.

Still in. SOTD - 16 FEB 2021

SOTD 02162021.jpg

Okay shave. Tried the Shark Platinum for the first time and did not enjoy it. It works well for the first two passes and starts to tug in the last ATG pass. I had high hopes for it as I enjoy a lot of Platinum blades but this wasn't it. Oh well.

Passed the mid-point of FEB. Let's keep at it!

Still in.
Shaved for the last two days with Gillette New Improved and New Deluxe razors with a feather blade, with lather compliments of Saponificio Varesino (70th Anniversary and Dolimiti) soaps and Simpsons Chubby 2/3 Manchurian brushes.

The SV soaps give me a really good post-shave moisurising as well which saves on time on the morning.
I've started using some of my inferior shaving creams as surface/loo cleaner. :letterk1:

Still in. I enjoyed Tabac this morning, followed by Brut AS. I bought Brut a couple of years ago and don’t use it a lot. It reminds me of when I was in high school—and my dad also wrote it so it reminds me if him. I do find it a bit overwhelming, though, but no issues wearing it while working from home!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Shark SS blade in the red tip Super Speed; Paladin Chief loaded with Simpsons Unscented Luxury cream; Booster Island Bay Rum to finish. A smooth, easy late night shave. Starting tomorrow I'm going All-Pure Badger until Easter, which is in early April.
Still in restraint.

Top Bottom