What's new

February 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in!

I’ve been away from home since New Years so I’ve been using the same kit.

I brought with me a little dollop of sandalwood cream that I use a bit of every Sunday. But I’m starting to miss having some variety.

Maybe I’ll pick up a new soap when I’m allowed to again. But like a really nice artisan one from Pastuer’s:lol:
I would be happy to send a little something to spice it up for you. :)

I think I’ll make it. My sweet wife got this for me.
40B8D8C2-EEA3-4064-BF6F-434C9097397F.jpeg

Still going with the GRUME, Flare Tip February and One Blade in February. :)

SOTD
  • Arko
  • Maggard 24mm synthetic
  • L2 Flare Tip (Q2 1966)
  • Gillette Nacet (20)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Dominica Bay Rum AS

Time for midnight rant:
I don't get having lots of soap - it took me years to find that perfect lather - scent and perofmance - I went through no less than a dozen+ of soaps and creams. Some I liked more than the others but nothing was close to my grail soap. Sooner or later it will be gone and I am thinking what if the one I've picked to replace my current choice is not as good as? Silly thought of course.
I don't get having lots of razors. It took me few month to fully master EJ89 - eventually I've paired it with the perfect blade, got that perfect angle. The same EJ89 is my travel razor, and I find I need time to readjust because travel handle is different from the one I use at home. Recently, I became the owner of stainless Karve OC-D, and CC-E plates. I think I am shaving for two weeks now with the E plate - aggressive beast I might add, and I like it a lot. I think I almost tamed it (almost!) by now; there were weepers and nicks first couple of days although I was super careful. Now, how on earth people own dozens of razors and switch between them in a blink of an eye?
Disclaimer: not dissing anyone for liking variety, I just can't imagine I could do it. It takes me a week+ to dial in new soap, it takes a day or so to get used to a different handle on the same head, it takes me good several weeks to get a grip on a new razor. Switching the gear everyday is something beyond my understanding.

It took me few month to fully master EJ89 - eventually I've paired it with the perfect blade, got that perfect angle. The same EJ89 is my travel razor, and I find I need time to readjust because travel handle is different from the one I use at home.

Funny enough the DE89 is a weird exception where I need a shave or two to get the hang of using it again.

But for the most part once I’ve gotten a feel for a razor I can come back to it.

SOTD
  • Antica Barbieria Colla
  • No-name deer antler-handle badger brush
  • L2 Flare Tip (Q2 1966)
  • Gillette Nacet (21)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS

Top Bottom