What's new

February 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

This weeks kit contains the following for both head and face. Got to have quick daily shaves.

Using Creams from Proraso, AoS and A&E Shave Serum. Razor is the mildest I have the Merkur 34g paired with an Astra SP for the week. Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger. Postshave, Thayers Unscented WH and A&E Post-Shave Serum as always. Georgetown Pottery bowl.

Monday head and face... DFS on 2 days growth. The razor is better on 24hr or less growth for me. Rest of the week should be BBS! I do know the A&E Shave Serum will be the best! Plus the Post-Shave Serum is a must have!
20200224_101758.jpg

The new thread is up:

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Sotiris_A
3) @RigelDust
4) @Schnitzel52
5) @RookieGuy
6) @BobbyB
7) @BigJ
8) @DEPenguin
9) @Timeclo
10) @Weean
12) @samhain666
13) @RTM
14) @Shutterbug57
15) @tim33z
16) @GaryTha
17) @02flhtci
18) @SuperMax_fan
19) @BigD
20) @Rontu
21) @Cino
22) @Malort
23) @Wtd1911
24) @Stuart Ganis

I shave 3x per week so I only have 3 more to go for a total of 13 shaves for the "February 1 blade GRUME". I don't anticipate any issues going into my shave tonight, but I'll report my findings.

Still in. Ready for march.

SOTD 02252020.jpg

Brush - Semogue 830
Lather - Stirling Royal soap
Razor - EJ DE89
Blade - Astra SP (24)
Post-shave - TASS Humidor

Still in.
We're almost there, boys! In the home stretch. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm pretty sure it's not a freight train! Other motivational platitudes excitedly shouted at you!

Still in. Shaved 2 days ago. GEM Featherweight, GEM Super Stainless Steel (3rd shave), Omega 10051, Williams Mug Soap.

Phew, still in by the skin of my teeth - my slightly cheeky offer on a NEW was declined.

I'm not signing up for March...

SOTD
  • Antica Barbieria Colla
  • No-name deer antler-handle badger brush
  • L2 Flare Tip (Q2 1966)
  • Gillette Nacet (24)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Burberry AS Emulsion
Happy as a clam with my kit!

Hey FoolishMortal, how's that Stirling bay rum? I'm always on the lookout for a good bay rum scented product.
I really love their take on Bay Rum. It’s an ASB, so the scent doesn’t last long, but you won’t mistake the scent for anything else. And the Stirling ASBs are made with great ingredients. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom