What's new

FEBRUARY 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillette Slim (Knack), 1972. Grabbed that from a flea market for 50 cents :)
clogged and dirty, now polished, cleaned, disinfected and shave ready.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Well,I wanted some more razorock soap,I enjoy their products.Playing on the bayI got a nice flying eagle(for camper) cheap,because no english on lid,seller did not know what it was.I got a short black beauty,cheap,pictures were terrible,so no one bid,I measured and knew it was short,now can compare to the long and a slim.Got the Aida cheap,no one was bidding on it,the name was not in the title.Thought it would be one of the stamped base plate ones,nope,cast and plated.Has initials scratched in it.Never shaved with an open comb,wow very nice,almost as aggressive as my Maggard v3a.Do not like the long handle.

Attachments

• GEDC0550.JPG
    GEDC0550.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • GEDC0551.JPG
    GEDC0551.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • GEDC0552.JPG
    GEDC0552.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Today I received a package from the Italian Barber. I picked up the iKon SBS DE razor from IB's clearance sale and to fill the cart for free shipping, I had to go with the behemoth RR F400 XXL synthetic brush. This sucker is huge. Ironically both products have some serious heft to them. They feel like the Paul Bunyan of shaving gear (At least until I pull out my Detroit Grooming Alpha Razor). I really can't wait to try out both, but the razor will have to wait until I get back from San Fran Saturday morning. I want to use up the blades I am already using and it will give me something extra to look forward to on the weekend. As for the F400, I really like the other 2 400 series brushes I have from RR. I have the butterscotch and the aluminum. I prefer the feel of the aluminum handle, but enjoy the increased backbone of the noir Plissoft synthetic knot in the butterscotch. I think I will have some fun with both of these new additions!
Steve

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

IMG_8674.jpg

I'm expecting a couple more stuff, but don't know if it will come in for February Scores. Anyway, this came in today:

My second badger brush and a puck of Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi from a BST purchase, and just arrived from Shanghai, Germany, a synth travel brush. Now I just got to find a place to travel to. ;-)

DSC02001.JPG

Today I received a package from the Italian Barber. I picked up the iKon SBS DE razor from IB's clearance sale and to fill the cart for free shipping, I had to go with the behemoth RR F400 XXL synthetic brush. This sucker is huge. Ironically both products have some serious heft to them. They feel like the Paul Bunyan of shaving gear (At least until I pull out my Detroit Grooming Alpha Razor). I really can't wait to try out both, but the razor will have to wait until I get back from San Fran Saturday morning. I want to use up the blades I am already using and it will give me something extra to look forward to on the weekend. As for the F400, I really like the other 2 400 series brushes I have from RR. I have the butterscotch and the aluminum. I prefer the feel of the aluminum handle, but enjoy the increased backbone of the noir Plissoft synthetic knot in the butterscotch. I think I will have some fun with both of these new additions!
Steve

View attachment 863663
View attachment 863664
View attachment 863665
Congrats on both, Steve. Looking forward to your observations on the SBS. I have mixed feeling about mine which I put on an iKon bamboo handle. That brush is a monster!

I'm expecting a couple more stuff, but don't know if it will come in for February Scores. Anyway, this came in today:

My second badger brush and a puck of Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi from a BST purchase, and just arrived from Shanghai, Germany, a synth travel brush. Now I just got to find a place to travel to. ;-)

View attachment 863653
Excellent!

proxy.php

4125-2 band 28mm Plexi.

Had got a 26mm 4125-2 band silvertip in ivory just the other day. Have used it once and if this brush is anything like it, it’s a keeper. The other has tremendous backbone and feels like a pillow on the face. Can’t wait to give this one a go tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT DAY yesterday with my 12 year old son hunting close, yet far off grounds! First stop, found my mother's birth year and quarter, 40s styled Super Speed! One of my favorites of all time, and since she's a Z3 and I don't care for Flare Tips.... GREAT find for me! It's crusty looking but is definitely drivable with great mechanical. Will clean it up soon.

Second stop my son found me a case with a few razors inside, so I liberated a long comb, brass New with no cracked handle and a minty looking, cardboard boxed Probak Razor open comb!

Last stop of the day my boy found a blue Lady Gillette which I don't have and VERY cheap!
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Part 2 of my incoming things arrived today just in time to end the month. This was the big one - Vintage Ziglar Slant razor and Dutchi shaving soap from the Dutch Barbershop in the Netherlands. This is the new formula that don't need instruction to use per @efsk. And yes, it is a Bergamot scent. I smelled it as soon as the Postman stopped his truck!

DSC02003.JPG

proxy.php

4125-2 band 28mm Plexi.

Had got a 26mm 4125-2 band silvertip in ivory just the other day. Have used it once and if this brush is anything like it, it’s a keeper. The other has tremendous backbone and feels like a pillow on the face. Can’t wait to give this one a go tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a stunner!

GREAT DAY yesterday with my 12 year old son hunting close, yet far off grounds! First stop, found my mother's birth year and quarter, 40s styled Super Speed! One of my favorites of all time, and since she's a Z3 and I don't care for Flare Tips.... GREAT find for me! It's crusty looking but is definitely drivable with great mechanical. Will clean it up soon.

Second stop my son found me a case with a few razors inside, so I liberated a long comb, brass New with no cracked handle and a minty looking, cardboard boxed Probak Razor open comb!

Last stop of the day my boy found a blue Lady Gillette which I don't have and VERY cheap!
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Cool scores, Jerad!

Part 2 of my incoming things arrived today just in time to end the month. This was the big one - Vintage Ziglar Slant razor and Dutchi shaving soap from the Dutch Barbershop in the Netherlands. This is the new formula that don't need instruction to use per @efsk. And yes, it is a Bergamot scent. I smelled it as soon as the Postman stopped his truck!

View attachment 864015
Nice looking slant. Intriguing soap also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom