What's new

February 2017 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's February already with spring only a couple of months away but time doesn't effect the scores. They are all out there awaiting discovery.

Yes, time does see to fly but no matter what the season, or the weather, there is always something waiting to be found. And you can mark it as yours.

When you find it, let us know. We all want to see and think ... I'm need one of THOSE....

Show the photos so we all can be envious and plan.

Okay, I will start off.

Got these yesterday and today.

Gillette New, ER 1924 brass, and later version of Kriss Kross. After the miserable shave I got with the early version Kriss Kross last week, I decided to punish myself more.

$DSC01305.jpg

Okay, I will start off.

Got these yesterday and today.

Gillette New, ER 1924 brass, and later version of Kriss Kross. After the miserable shave I got with the early version Kriss Kross last week, I decided to punish myself more.

View attachment 721372

Congrats on the razors. Hope this Kriss Kross gives you a better shave, though it looks a bit wicked.

I picked up this deal plus a 1964 (My birth year) Gillette travel razor for $30.00 The seller had listed them for $40.00 a few weeks ago then reduced it to $20.00. I gave him the extra $10.00 because I felt bad he didn't get along with the razor and blades. I tried giving him a chance to try different blades and maybe a different razor, but he had given up and went back to three blades..... Hey I tried!
$merker.jpg
$murker2.jpg

I picked up this deal plus a 1964 (My birth year) Gillette travel razor for $30.00 The seller had listed them for $40.00 a few weeks ago then reduced it to $20.00. I gave him the extra $10.00 because I felt bad he didn't get along with the razor and blades. I tried giving him a chance to try different blades and maybe a different razor, but he had given up and went back to three blades..... Hey I tried!
View attachment 721956
View attachment 721957

Very nice score!

Second score for February, from Italian Barber:
(ordered today, should ship Tuesday or Wednesday)

- 200 Ladas blades
- RazoRock 400 Synthetic Shaving Brush - with Noir Plissoft Knot – ItalianBarber
- RazoRock BARBER HANDLE Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush – ItalianBarber
- (BIG BRUCE) RazoRock Plissoft BIG BRUCE Synthetic Shaving Brush – ItalianBarber

because I love Russian blades and synthetic brushes.

Nice pickups, Doug. I'm going to get one of the 400s but in badger.

Got this last week. My wife's cousins were cleaning out their parents' home for an estate/yard sale. My mother-in-law saw a box that they were going to throw away and offered them $1 for it because she knew I liked vintage razors. The case had a lot of green-black corrosion, but the razor was in almost-new condition. Cleaned the case as much as I could - some areas were down to the base copper. So, here's my $1 Travel Tech ('65) ... My first Tech!
IMG_20170210_212814.jpg IMG_20170210_212836.jpg IMG_20170210_212906.jpg

Got this last week. My wife's cousins were cleaning out their parents' home for an estate/yard sale. My mother-in-law saw a box that they were going to throw away and offered them $1 for it because she knew I liked vintage razors. The case had a lot of green-black corrosion, but the razor was in almost-new condition. Cleaned the case as much as I could - some areas were down to the base copper. So, here's my $1 Travel Tech ('65) ... My first Tech!
View attachment 760651 View attachment 760652 View attachment 760653

Very nice score!

image.jpg
Got out of the shower and found this on my doorstep. Pinaud Clubman is my favorite and I couldn't resist the amazing deal.

Not much and doubt I will get more soon, i am on a kind of sabatical trying not to get much at all until i use lots up and it's really hard but i have sooooo much on the shelf that's new and unopened

Here are a few that I could not resist on:

s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600.jpg IMG_6066.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom