What's new

Feb 2021 Acquisitions!

I'll start this new month off....

Found in the wild at my local local shop.
PXL_20210202_010209566.jpg

LUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKYYYYYY!!!

hard to believe it’s February. February 20th will be here soon.

Does p&c’s still do their goodie box?

LUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKYYYYYY!!!

hard to believe it’s February. February 20th will be here soon.

Does p&c’s still do their goodie box?
Yeah, been tempted on it. Walked in and saw it. Bought it. This shop's tin selection has gotten nice.

Wouldn't temp me anyways 🤣
SP usually does a flat discount and lowers the threshold for free shipping.

Last edited:
Taxes in this state are brutal. 80%, so we don’t see tins anymore.

if you haven’t had Bobs chocolate flake yet, I hope your enjoy it. I finally got to try it and it’s a secluded island tobacco for me.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
That's insane. And here I thought 20% was tyrannical.

Here, the excise duty is £134.24/kg for pipe tobacco (305.32/kg for cigars), and then there's 20% VAT on top of whatever the price works out at after the duties are added. So if a 50g tin costs £16.00, the taxes included within that price are £9.48.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Here, the excise duty is £134.24/kg for pipe tobacco (305.32/kg for cigars), and then there's 20% VAT on top of whatever the price works out at after the duties are added. So if a 50g tin costs £16.00, the taxes included within that price are £9.48.

Monstrous. Nearly $5 an ounce in taxes. Punishing taxes like that start revolts!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Monstrous. Nearly $5 an ounce in taxes. Punishing taxes like that start revolts!

We've had a few flare up over petrol prices now and again, but not tobacco. I think as we have the NHS to pay for, and there's a reasonable chance we might need them later, a lot of smokers just consider it compulsory health insurance built into the price of the smoke :p They can't grumble about having to look after us, after all the money we've paid in :lol:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
We've had a few flare up over petrol prices now and again, but not tobacco. I think as we have the NHS to pay for, and there's a reasonable chance we might need them later, a lot of smokers just consider it compulsory health insurance built into the price of the smoke :p They can't grumble about having to look after us, after all the money we've paid in :lol:

Pipe smokers live longer than non-smokers under the ‘64 Report.

The NHS should be paying you.

In any event, Happy Puffs to you today!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
That's a great haul! Have you had Grousemoor before? I finally got my hands on a tin. I enjoy the tin note but I need to try it in a few pipes before I can say I enjoy it. I think it might be really nice in the spring and summer.
I have. I really like it, and I haven't been able to get it for a while.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I ended up going with the Lane first, because that's the only one I hadn't tried yet. Pretty good stuff.

LLRR is very good. I’m moving to it as my daily, now that PA is drying up. A little more $, but worth it.

As long as the seal on the SWR isn’t breached, it can cellar indefinitely.

Happy puffs to you!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Just what I need ... more pipe tobacco.

I finally bought a little of a blend I’ve never tasted. SPC Plum Pudding SR.

I like its regular cousin. Guess I’m going to find out what all the hubbub is about.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Just what I need ... more pipe tobacco.

I finally bought a little of a blend I’ve never tasted. SPC Plum Pudding SR.

I like its regular cousin. Guess I’m going to find out what all the hubbub is about.
It is excellent. I had a damaged tin from an order so jarred it after smoking 2 bowls. Then I moved. I’ve found all the other jarred stuff, but can’t find the jar with the PPSR. :cursing:

This just showed up in the mail. No maker’s marks, a DEEP bowl, and best of all, it sits. I have some cleaning to do but it’s not extremely dirty. View attachment 1218348View attachment 1218349View attachment 1218350
What in the world?! I really like it, it’s really something.

Load that pipe and it takes half a tin of tobacco haha

I’m shocked it doesn’t have any markings. Whoever the carver was is good at what they did. It probably some ultra rare first carve of a well established pipemaker and worth thousands :)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
It’s the only pipe I have that’s not a traditional shape. I paid less than $35 for it. It appears to be drilled straight, and will actually pass a pipe cleaner. Here’s a pick of the bowl. It’s kind of hard to tell but it’s drilled in a cone with a lot of cake buildup about 1/2 way down. All the stuff at the bottom is old tobacco that I’ll clean out tomorrow.
041C8CA2-336F-49F7-BFC3-6661A89AC2A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom