What's new

Feathers vs Persona Blue blades

I bought a 6 month supply of feather blades and its almost time to buy some replacements.
The Persona blues are about half the price of feathers, very tempted to buy a 100 blades, but would hate to buy 100 blades to find out the shave is very inferior. I'm using a EJ DE89. Whats the verdict on the persona blues? inferior to feathers? the persona reds seem to be highly regarded here.

I shaved with the Crystals, aka Israeli Personna, and had a sickly close BBS shave with little irritation. I mean I didn't get a 5 o'clock shadow until midnight. I also shave with an EJ DE89L. I had previously shaved with Feathers and had a close shave but more irritation. After doing some research online, it seemed most said the Personna Lab Blues are suppose to shave better than the IP's. Many say they are almost as sharp as Feathers but you can get more shaves out of them. This is still new to me as I am only 3 weeks into wet shaving. I took the chance and bought 100 qty today at a local place.

I have both Personna Lab's and feather's and like the personna's better, both closer and smoother. Since everyone's face is different it's hard to say which YOU will like best. Order a 5 pack and try them out first.

If you are worried you won't like them, then just buy a small order of 5-10 blades and test them. You should be able to decide from there whether you want to switch or not.

Persona blues and Gsm my favourite blades. Not as sharp as Feathers though. But hey I ain't cuttin a steak!

Pm me your address. I will ship you some to try.

Kirk

thats very generous of you.
i'm reading so much good about them, i'm about ready to drop 12 bucks for a 100.
cant believe how cheap they are. for .25 cents you can use 2 blades a week for a year.

I did the sample pack from WCS, and then ordered 100 of the Persona Blues. I haven't tried feathers, but if you get a consistent BBS shave, why mess with what works. I have used them in a EJDE89BL, Gillette Slim Adjustable, Gillette Tuckaway, and others as well as in my Parker SWR. They are my go to blade.

pm me your addy, and I can send you a couple too.

For me the Personna lab blue is as good as the Feather and as you said half the price. It's sharp and smooth, it's my go to blade. I usually change the blade after 5 shaves but I've been able to get 10 shaves out of it and could have gotten more.

For me the Personna Labs are smoother and more forgiving, but definitely not as sharp as the Feather blades. I prefer the Feathers myself but the Labs are an excellent blade and the price is very hard to beat. The Lab blades seem to last more shaves as well. For $12 for 100 they're about the best deal out there and I definitely prefer them to the Astra SP blades that everyone seems to recommend in this price range. The Labs worked great for me in the EJ razor I used to have. In that particular razor I couldn't tell a Personna Lab and a Personna Med Prep blade apart.

I used to be a Wilkinson guy for a very long time (I used to buy boxes of 1000 at a time). These days I've been using Astra SP's and Feathers, but was looking into the Personna Blues. I'm not too fussy with blades, so these might work out fine for me, but I wish I didn't have to buy 100 at a time just to try them out. I've heard a few barbers recommending them, so I'm really curious too about the Personna Blues. Plus, it's always nice to know that they're made in the USA... It helps with those employment reports.

I used to be a Wilkinson guy for a very long time (I used to buy boxes of 1000 at a time). These days I've been using Astra SP's and Feathers, but was looking into the Personna Blues. I'm not too fussy with blades, so these might work out fine for me, but I wish I didn't have to buy 100 at a time just to try them out. I've heard a few barbers recommending them, so I'm really curious too about the Personna Blues. Plus, it's always nice to know that they're made in the USA... It helps with those employment reports.

Easily attained in smaller amounts:http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Personna-Lab-Blue-Double-Edge-Blades-5-blades_p_1158.html

You can always check out the blade exchange (top of this forum).

Not that the labs aren't good blades but I much prefer the feathers. Labs might be a touch smoother but they both leave me irritation free and the feather is noticeably sharper. That is just me though.

I shave only with Feathers and Personna Blue, I find that although the Feather gives me that uber smooth first shave, the Personna's are right behind and I mean a fraction behind but they keep their sharpness longer.

When my feathers run out I shall not be replacing them.

For me the Personna lab blue is as good as the Feather and as you said half the price. It's sharp and smooth, it's my go to blade. I usually change the blade after 5 shaves but I've been able to get 10 shaves out of it and could have gotten more.
Fully agree! Personna Lab ( I have bull pack 100 blades of Med Prep ) my go to blades, with r89 perfect!

Are the personna blues and lab preps the same? Ive not looked into them much but thinking about ordering some also as feathers are all I shave with because they are great for me. Ive tried many others but not the personnas. I cant find the labs in a 5or10 pack either anywhere.

I was also thinking about the personna lab blue blades,,as I was so curious about them and the you guys here made me take the decision to try them out,,as I tried the feathers and found them so sharp on my face.

Top Bottom