What's new

Feather Straight Razor Clone.

Found a Feather Japanese Straight Razor Clone at Aliexpress. Costs $8.48
HTB1HBc.NMTqK1RjSZPhq6xfOFXaP.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Looks flashy. Until that gold wash wears off. It is meant more to sell than to use, I think. But it is probably perfectly functional. If you pull the trigger, be sure to review it here. I could see it as a gateway drug to a Feather shavette, maybe. Cheap enough to toss if it sucks.

Having owned a few regular kamisoris, I can definitely say that I prefer a folding razor, myself. YMMV of course.

Thanks (maybe) for posting the link @sscob1. :) I did not need another Feather artist club or clone but I decided to give this one a try. The color is unique and the price is right. I ordered it soon after you posted and it arrived today, just 12 days later. My initial impression is that it is a good razor, great even when considering the price. I like the finish better than my CJB and the finish (plating) quality is pretty much on par or maybe even a touch better than the "N06 Straight Edge Razor Folding Shaver Knife Barber Razor Wooden Handle Facial Hair Eyebrow Beard Shave Shaving Tool" also available on Aliexpress.

Attached are some pictures of the razor:
  1. Shows how it was packed for shipment. The razor comes in a plastic sleeve that serves as a storage case. The case was bubble wrapped before placement inside the cardboard box with Univinlions logo. The razor is shipped with one generic blade installed.
  2. Look at the internal halves of the razor.
  3. Top down view of the leaf spring. I did not do any detailed comparisons against the other razors mentioned, but I liked that it was substantial and provided good tension to hold the blade.
  4. Another look at the internal finish. I originally took this photo to highlight how the top pin (1 of 2 pins) that holds the razor together had become unseated with only finger pressure. To help you see that the construction is a simple pin that has one end hammered flat to act as wedge to help lock it in place once it gets pushed back into proper position (it did stay seated in place once I pushed it back in). The lighting does not pick up that detail very well but provides a different picture of the quality of finish.
  5. I also got a box of their blades. A picture of the packaging. It is almost like they are reusing the longer hair shaper blade wrappers and boxes (???) for these smaller AC blades. I have not tried these blades but I was not impressed with the one blade that was shipped in the razor. That blade may have been mishandled and I did minimal prep but in my initial test shave it felt like a dull/spent feather AC blade.
In short I am happy with the razor. The blades not so much, but will give them another try in a few weeks.univinlions artist-club shavette 1.jpg univinlions artist-club shavette 2.jpg univinlions artist-club shavette 3.jpg univinlions artist-club shavette 4.jpg univinlions artist-club shavette 5.jpg

Thanks (maybe) for posting the link @sscob1. :) I did not need another Feather artist club or clone but I decided to give this one a try. The color is unique and the price is right. I ordered it soon after you posted and it arrived today, just 12 days later. My initial impression is that it is a good razor, great even when considering the price. I like the finish better than my CJB and the finish (plating) quality is pretty much on par or maybe even a touch better than the "N06 Straight Edge Razor Folding Shaver Knife Barber Razor Wooden Handle Facial Hair Eyebrow Beard Shave Shaving Tool" also available on Aliexpress.

Attached are some pictures of the razor:
  1. Shows how it was packed for shipment. The razor comes in a plastic sleeve that serves as a storage case. The case was bubble wrapped before placement inside the cardboard box with Univinlions logo. The razor is shipped with one generic blade installed.
  2. Look at the internal halves of the razor.
  3. Top down view of the leaf spring. I did not do any detailed comparisons against the other razors mentioned, but I liked that it was substantial and provided good tension to hold the blade.
  4. Another look at the internal finish. I originally took this photo to highlight how the top pin (1 of 2 pins) that holds the razor together had become unseated with only finger pressure. To help you see that the construction is a simple pin that has one end hammered flat to act as wedge to help lock it in place once it gets pushed back into proper position (it did stay seated in place once I pushed it back in). The lighting does not pick up that detail very well but provides a different picture of the quality of finish.
  5. I also got a box of their blades. A picture of the packaging. It is almost like they are reusing the longer hair shaper blade wrappers and boxes (???) for these smaller AC blades. I have not tried these blades but I was not impressed with the one blade that was shipped in the razor. That blade may have been mishandled and I did minimal prep but in my initial test shave it felt like a dull/spent feather AC blade.
In short I am happy with the razor. The blades not so much, but will give them another try in a few weeks.View attachment 973636 View attachment 973637 View attachment 973638 View attachment 973639 View attachment 973640
Congrats :a14::a14:

Top Bottom