What's new

Feather stainless and bleach

I apologize if this has already been said, admittedly I didn't read every post. One potential method that is perhaps worth trying to try to rectify this problem and might be fairly close at hand is to put it in a brass tumbler. Do you know anyone that reloads bullets?

I meant to include this in my above post and then spaced it. I wanted to say that I've seen plenty of nickel plated brass that looked black and nasty. Once they go through a tumbling, usually walnut shell, sometimes corn cob is sufficient with a bit of polish they look just like new. I know that I'm not close to you but I would be happy to do this for you should you get desperate. Of course I couldn't guarantee anything.

See if you have any one that specials in sandblasting, or restoriazation in your area.

Probably your best chance to make something of your razor again; a fine grain on low pressure should make things look a lot better. You still can tell the where the worst corrosion took place afterwards, at least that is very likely, but it won't make you feel so sick anymore.

Sorry for your loss. A good way to really clean out things like that is to use toothpaste and an old toothbrush. That works great and will really clean things out. No problems either.

I apologize if this has already been said, admittedly I didn't read every post. One potential method that is perhaps worth trying to try to rectify this problem and might be fairly close at hand is to put it in a brass tumbler. Do you know anyone that reloads bullets?

This is an excellent idea!... I never thought of that. Yes, some corncob or walnut media with a glop of "flitz" metal polish in it would likely do a pretty nice job on this... It's amazing how the little corners of the media work themselves even into the tiniest and tights of areas when tumbling (or my case vibrating) shells.

Before subjecting it to a tumbler, I'm curious as to whether anyone has actually tried it before, especially with a stainless steel razor...

I clean my razors with an old toothbrush and some dish soap.

I have the Feather AS and I love it. I would get another one and treat it right.

How about a dremel or pencil grinder with a wire tip. Also some light sand paper. It looks fiaxable. yes the logo will be gone. I would give it a go for sure. Sorry this happened.

Before subjecting it to a tumbler, I'm curious as to whether anyone has actually tried it before, especially with a stainless steel razor...
Never had the need to put a razor in a tumbler before. I have however cleaned a handful of pocket/hunting knifes in a tumbler in the past. They came out great although they needed to be resharpened. A tumbler using the media I suggested will not harm stainless steel. That said, the media itself does find a way to get into any nook and cranny. An air compressor would be advised to blow it off once cleaned.

Top Bottom