What's new

Feather SR kamisori

Feather SR professional.

( 3 monkeys statuette is made from 100% beeswax - by a local beekeeper )

IMG_20211124_103843~5.jpg

I just came to share my experience with this razor. I own the DX, the SS, the Captain, the Excelia, and several various Kai and Feather clones, including my favorite of them all: a combo clone.

This SR is a piece of crap. I feel I've been completely ripped off as literally EVERY clone I own is better quality than this razor. The terrible tooling leaves a bigger gap at the bottom of the slide-on plate than any of the clones and the entire thing looks suspiciously like stamped pot metal with all the mould marks and seams. There is even a small indentation on mine that looks exactly like one found on a pot metal razor that was poorly produced. I also have the issue that others have with the spring clicking and the front not opening up all the way unless you squeeze it just right in just the right place. I hate to admit that it shaves so nicely because I feel like I'm fooling myself. It's built like horse crap and I'm ashamed of the workmanship. I would sell it if I didn't feel morally opposed to it. Fine... It shaves smoothly. So what? My combo clone I paid $15 shaves the same.

I just came to share my experience with this razor. I own the DX, the SS, the Captain, the Excelia, and several various Kai and Feather clones, including my favorite of them all: a combo clone.

This SR is a piece of crap. I feel I've been completely ripped off as literally EVERY clone I own is better quality than this razor. The terrible tooling leaves a bigger gap at the bottom of the slide-on plate than any of the clones and the entire thing looks suspiciously like stamped pot metal with all the mould marks and seams. There is even a small indentation on mine that looks exactly like one found on a pot metal razor that was poorly produced. I also have the issue that others have with the spring clicking and the front not opening up all the way unless you squeeze it just right in just the right place. I hate to admit that it shaves so nicely because I feel like I'm fooling myself. It's built like horse crap and I'm ashamed of the workmanship. I would sell it if I didn't feel morally opposed to it. Fine... It shaves smoothly. So what? My combo clone I paid $15 shaves the same.
Picking up a older thread :)
do you think you got a fake ?
Have you seen any others sense ?
Or you still think this way about it :) curious as I am looking into these a bit more

also curious if others who have a few feathers think the build is really bad ?

Picking up a older thread :)
do you think you got a fake ?
Have you seen any others sense ?
Or you still think this way about it :) curious as I am looking into these a bit more

also curious if others who have a few feathers think the build is really bad ?

I could probably go find it, but... I had the same issue with mine and I got it from Jatai(US distributor). They took it back and I used my credit to get a DX while it was still on sale. I have heard of others having this issue and some not, might depend on how old the stock is or it might be random lottery! 😬

I could probably go find it, but... I had the same issue with mine and I got it from Jatai(US distributor). They took it back and I used my credit to get a DX while it was still on sale. I have heard of others having this issue and some not, might depend on how old the stock is or it might be random lottery! 😬

did not know they were the distributor good to know then so reckon its legit for sure

bummer to hear but can happen I reckon with some models

did not know they were the distributor good to know then so reckon its legit for sure

bummer to hear but can happen I reckon with some models
It's a bummer because the grip on it is really nice and it has the lower blade exposure, but not the annoying bulbous end. But when I got my DX, the contrast in quality was staggering to put it mildly! I want to believe that they will fix it, but I have a feeling the way they make them results in a high percentage of defects that they are letting slip through. The Kai Kasho is similar in most ways and available from a good seller on ebay, if he still has them. He was including a pack of Kau PINK mild blades which are very nice! 😁

It's a bummer because the grip on it is really nice and it has the lower blade exposure, but not the annoying bulbous end. But when I got my DX, the contrast in quality was staggering to put it mildly! I want to believe that they will fix it, but I have a feeling the way they make them results in a high percentage of defects that they are letting slip through. The Kai Kasho is similar in most ways and available from a good seller on ebay, if he still has them. He was including a pack of Kau PINK mild blades which are very nice! 😁
I had a Kai Kasho captain in my cart on amazon as a look into from earlier today :)
$89 and a pack of blades which seemed decent
also my boys name is Kai :)

any input on how the Kai Captain Standard Razor (CAP-SDJ) compares to the Feather offerings? Specifically, the Artist Club SS?
I have the Kai Captain Standard R-Type folding razor (KAI-R7-FOLDING-RAZOR), not the CAP-SDJ, and my version would compare more with the Feather DX (not the SS). It has less blade exposure and a narrower cross-section than the DX which allows a shallower shaving angle than the wedge shape of the DX. I am not sure if my Kai is just the folding version of the CAP-SDJ or not.

I have the Feather SR which sits between the SS and the DX shave wise. My Kai Captain requires more attention than my SR when I shave (though I have to pay attention when I use the SR). I think my Kai has more blade exposure than the SR. The SS has more of a lip than the SR, DX or the Kai so the shave will be different.

Top Bottom