What's new

Feather Shave Gel

Was torn whether to put this in cream or soap forum, so I plopped it here.

I am wondering what others have experienced with the Feather Shave Gel. I find it to work very well, providing a solid amount of lubricity and protection....and I use a Futur loaded with Feather on setting 6. BBS.:biggrin:

Has anybody else used this? I couldn't find any instance or mention of it on here. Of course, you don't have the luxury/joy of lathering it with a brush so I'm sure that's why it doesn't carry the same appeal as a soap or cream.

Thanks,
Joe

I tried it (once) a long time ago and wasn't super impressed. However, my technique and tastes have changed considerably since then. I've still got some - so, thanks to you I'll get the Feather products out of 'mothballs.'

HlSheppard said:
I tried it (once) a long time ago and wasn't super impressed. However, my technique and tastes have changed considerably since then. I've still got some - so, thanks to you I'll get the Feather products out of 'mothballs.'

Haha...hopefully you'll enjoy it. I have found that the amount dispensed in one full pump is much more than you really need. (of the gel)

Do you use any other "Gels" or brushless products?

TraderJoe said:
Haha...hopefully you'll enjoy it. I have found that the amount dispensed in one full pump is much more than you really need. (of the gel)

Do you use any other "Gels" or brushless products?

You'll find many fellas here find the word "brushless" an offense punishable by death! :lol:

Seriously though - not too much chit chat on brushless. I use barbasol brushless from time to time - but that's it....

joel said:
You'll find many fellas here find the word "brushless" an offense punishable by death! :lol:

Seriously though - not too much chit chat on brushless. I use barbasol brushless from time to time - but that's it....

I figured as much, but... during the week if i'm running late, cutting out the brush part saves a lot of time. Eventually when I've mastered the lathering process i'll probably use it every day, but now it is mostly relegated to the weekends.

I had to break out the can of Nivea gel and Mach 3 three days in a row this week. I got up quite late. I went back to a "proper" shave the next couple of days and what a difference. I thought it was pretty smooth with the Mach but after a couple of hours I could feel stubble. The DE stays smooth much longer. There is no doubt it saves time if you are in a hurry but no where near as satisfying. I also broke out the adjustable Gillette for another try. Opened it up to 6 and it worked much better for me.

Cutthroat said:
I had to break out the can of Nivea gel and Mach 3 three days in a row this week. I got up quite late. I went back to a "proper" shave the next couple of days and what a difference. I thought it was pretty smooth with the Mach but after a couple of hours I could feel stubble. The DE stays smooth much longer. There is no doubt it saves time if you are in a hurry but no where near as satisfying. I also broke out the adjustable Gillette for another try. Opened it up to 6 and it worked much better for me.

I agree! A short while ago I broke out the old sensor just for the heck of it, got what seemed to be a decent shave, and as you said...stubble in a few hours.:mad: I went back to the sensor the next day and also came to realization that I had irritation. Using the sensor the second day led to more irritation and, a sub-par shave yet again (worse this time). No turning back anymore, as I use a Futur at a 6.

And to clarify, when I say Gel I'm not referring to Edge or the other canned crap. I use Feather Gel, and a couple different "natural" products I found at Whole Foods.

Top Bottom