What's new

Feather Pro Super.OUCH

Tried Feather Pro Super blades in The General razor for the first time and had a very rough shave. Reminded me almost of a cartridge razor, rough, painful in certain spots. It didn't feel that bad until I splashed water on my face. Loads of irritation. I tried the regular Pro blades and they were good, I had to do a decent amount of touchup, so I thought, ok, supers should give me a closer shave. Ye it was more aggressive than Pros, but it wasn't nearly as smooth. Anyone else have a similar experience? I usually shave with 3-4 days growth, heavy beard. One of the worst shaves I've had in awhile. Pretty sure my lather was on point, so I have to blame the blades.

What is your go-to single edge blades?

I seem to recall that most SE makers warn against using the Feather Pro Super. Or did I just dream it? I know that some vendors warn against them for SE use.

The Pro Super differs from the Pro only in that the blade from top to edge is longer.
I don't know the General from a hole in the ground, is it one of the SE razors? You may be getting too much blade exposure or the blade is not sitting right in the razor because of the extra depth.

In a Feather AC, Super Pros feel exactly the same at the edge as a Pro does, at least to me, and feel for each is superb.

I seem to recall that most SE makers warn against using the Feather Pro Super. Or did I just dream it? I know that some vendors warn against them for SE use.

That was not a dream. Most vendors of the Feather type SE safety razors are saying that it works BEST with a Feather Pro or Kai Mild. Don't know if it is a design thing or like in cars they say to use regular gas and not the premium (which I found out really is a design thing).

Light Touch !
I use them regularly, most recently with Colonial and have great results and no irritation,
Just go Light, it's sharp

Top Bottom