What's new

Feather Popular Razor

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Why do I read these threads? :wink1: Of course I had to go buy one...
At least it won't blow my budget out of the water.
Here's mine, after a few mods. Shortened up handle, and removed the safety tabs on the guard bar.
20210504_151105[1].jpg

Nice mild shaver and won't break the bank!

Why do I read these threads? :wink1: Of course I had to go buy one...
At least it won't blow my budget out of the water.
wait until you hear about feather adjustable feather affordable but i think popular shaves better, then the big brother the AS-D2 it is a dream, metal razor, precision feel. put it this way I mostly straight razor shave, the rare occasion I reach for a DE it IS the AS-D2! I'll leave it at that less temptation to blow your budget. (can be found lightly used for a bargain)

Reactions: saj
wait until you hear about feather adjustable feather affordable but i think popular shaves better, then the big brother the AS-D2 it is a dream, metal razor, precision feel. put it this way I mostly straight razor shave, the rare occasion I reach for a DE it IS the AS-D2! I'll leave it at that less temptation to blow your budget. (can be found lightly used for a bargain)

Oh I have the AS-D2, it is most definitely a dream! It's my current fav along with the R41 Beast.

Feather, Kai and whatever you think is the sharpest blade in existence. Gillette Silver Blues and Platinums are great in most razors but not best in this mild razor (not quite bbs on my neck). Personna blues are not super sharp but work well here. My travel tech and Fat handle tech provide a slightly closer yet comfortable shave, but they don’t have the cool barn doors.
yea cool, very temtped to order this, only like 12/13 quid on amazon uk too

any links to the feather adjustable mate?

not seen it before...

Here you go for the adjustable: Feather Adjustable Double Edge Razor DER-A | Jatai International - https://www.jatai.net/product/feather-adjustable-double-edge-razor-der-a/

any links to the feather adjustable mate?

not seen it before...

The razor has only two settings, and you switch with a lever on the side under the head. Haven't tried it, but it looks similar in head design to the Popular. I've had a Popular in the shower for quick shaves at times over the years, and found it was a good choice for shaving without seeing what you're doing.

@Biglo13 @RenoRichard has it only got two settings, just aggressive and mild?

Yes, just two settings.

How do these compare to a regular flare tip super speed?

Sorry, never tried the razor, but knew where it was stocked. Jatai International has most of the Feather stuff, but their prices are high when not on a sale. Once or twice a year they run good sales and I've purchased some Feather AC blades from them, and once a Feather AC wood handle on a 50% off sale. They do give a 10% discount for new email subscribers.

Reactions: saj
Top Bottom