What's new

Feather = Less Nicks!

Since I started using Feather blades I find that I hardly ever nick myself. I've been using them for over a month and I've maybe cut myself once or twice (only because of a bump on skin). I used to cut my neck every other shave with a Derby.

I seem to hear so much about Feather blades being dangerous, but I've noticed quite the opposite. Has anyone else experienced this??

I have purchased them from the start and have yet to use anything else. Very pleased with only two weepers in the last two months. I credit that to not having the right tecnique to begin with. No issues for the last month. Just received a sampler pack from WCS and will now see if anything else is as good.
Thanks to the folks here I think I started with a winner. Use them in a EJ 89L, Super Speed and a Gillette Slim adjustable.

I decided to try a Feather in my Mergress the other day on 4, world of difference from the Derbys and Iridium that I have been using. It just glided across on the WTG and XTG passes. I tried an ATG pass, my technique fell flat on it's face on this one. Got some nice irritation from trying the ATG pass, though by this point my lather was breaking down for some reason.

I'll be picking up some more feathers soon, only have a few left. I liked using them with my HD, but haven't used them much since. Was too busy trying other blades. Now I think is a good time to go back and stick with them.

Since I started using Feather blades I find that I hardly ever nick myself. I've been using them for over a month and I've maybe cut myself once or twice (only because of a bump on skin). I used to cut my neck every other shave with a Derby.

I seem to hear so much about Feather blades being dangerous, but I've noticed quite the opposite. Has anyone else experienced this??

I got some irritation from Feathers--could be my technique, but they weren't very smooth on me. I prefer Astra or Iridium.

I got some irritation from Feathers--could be my technique, but they weren't very smooth on me. I prefer Astra or Iridium.

My experience with Feather, and many other experienced DE shavers, is the same as yours.

Truly a case of YMMV.

After having used Merkur and Gilette Blue on my Merkur HC for a while, yesterday I decided to give Feather a try.

I had bought a pack of Feather blades, so I had to try them, but I was quite a bit afraid, because of everything I had read here about its aggressiveness, and how the first shaving with a Feather meant lots of blood, nicks, cuts and band-aid...

So this morning I loaded my HC with a shinny new Feather and I shaved... and boy, it was a great shave ! No cut, no nick, no razor burning. Really wonderful !

I think Feather is my new favorite brand of DE blades :)

Because it's sharp it doesn't jump around or get stuck very often. Every other blade I've tried doesn't seem sharp enough to get the job done. I think that's what was leading to the cuts.

Is there anything sharper than a Feather??

I too was afraid to try feathers for the longest time. I used them a couple of days ago and I just fell in love! So smooth, hardly any nicks. Everyone should give them a try. Forget the reviews, if a person has thick beard like I do, feathers might be the solution; they were for me! I was hooked on Derby's for a year, but now I am gonna order feathers from now on!

PS. I dont think there is anything sharper than a Feather blade. Not to my knowledge

... Every other blade I've tried doesn't seem sharp enough to get the job done...
That's been my experience, too. Had lots of blades to sample, but I just kept coming back to Feathers for a close, comfy shave. Wouldn't use anything else now. And I get a week's worth out of one blade! :001_smile

Top Bottom