What's new

Feather injectors razor

Hello folks,

Did you guys knew that feather was making injector razors in the 70s ?

It makes sense as injectors have been hugely popular in japan.

A few pics of my recent findings
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from Mars

If you scored that one, that makes two unobtanium injector razors you acquired in as many weeks. Yes, Feather did make an injector razor that accepted the Schick blades and even made blades (obviously since you got pictures). They didn't make too many nor for very long and are really hard to come by.

If you scored that one, that makes two unobtanium injector razors you acquired in as many weeks. Yes, Feather did make an injector razor that accepted the Schick blades and even made blades (obviously since you got pictures). They didn't make too many nor for very long and are really hard to come by.

I acquired one of the two. It s on the way home. I think i got super lucky as i scored 1type O and 1 feather injector with 10 feather blades.

I wonder how it shaves ? Someone said to me they are very mild like gillettes own injector...

Sent from Mars

I own both the Feather and the Schick Type O, and both are comparable in shaves. With both, a single blade, like the Chicks, gives a close, comfortable shave that ranks with the best of the injector razors. With the Twin injector blades, like the Feathers and Schick II twins, they really come into their own and produce some of the best shaves obtainable because those were the blades that they were designed to use. It's really a shame that both razors and their blades did not survive the coming of the cartridge razors. I feel that they were the pinnacle of the shaving art, and everything that followed was a progressive decline from excellence.

Injectors were a big thing in Japan back in the sixties/seventies. Feather was already producing injector blades and introduced its own injector razor in the early seventies, named "Single II No.400s".
SINGLE II No.400S-1B-1.jpg

SINGLE II No.400S-1B-3.jpg

A few years later a new version appeared ad simply renamed as "Single II". It was sold both in its dedicated plastic case or included in the "Thunder-5" travel kit, the same one @xxvaleria scored back in 2014.
SINGLE II-3.jpg

"Have a good day with Feather Single II" on lid, 5 Feather twin blades included.

These razors had a long comfortable handle but they were quite light at 33 grams.

Ihe second half of the seventies Feather introduced a skinnier and lighter version (22 grams). Also, the handle is slighly shorter. If the previous version is reminescent of the Schick "Type L", this new one vaguely looks more like a "Type N".
Here is the new "Single II" included in the later "Thunder" travel kit:
SINGLE II -Thunder5-travelkit-1.jpg

Another version with a golden crest on the handle:
SINGLE II-6.jpg

Of course the core business were the blades, both single or twin. Some examples below:
sputtom_blades1b.jpg

sputtom_blades3.jpg

Last edited:
Now the big news for "The man who can just because he can".
Hush, hush. It seems like a lucky Japanese scored a big haul of NOS "all of the above" and he is currently selling it on the big auction site. Beware: be prepared to drop some big coins (in the AS-D2 territory).

Top Bottom