What's new

Feather FHS10 blades

I've been using a OneBlade Genesis almost exclusively since I got it back in April or May. It's always given me BBS shaves and I normally get 3 - 10 shaves off each blade. Recently, though, I went through about 5 blades in a row that gave me irritation, weepers and overall unpleasant shaves. I was driving myself crazy wondering what in my technique had changed. Anyway, things are completely back to the easy BBS shaves. I wonder if the quality control of these aren't at the same level as other Feather blades I enjoy (Feather Pro SE blades and their normal DE blades). Hopefully this was just a bad batch and I won't have to deal with that again.

Anyone else have similar experiences with these blades?

I don't know about quality control, but in my opinion they are definitely not up to the baseline quality of other Feather blades. I have never used a OneBlade, but I have used these blades in a Valet Autostrop. They perform OK, I guess, for one or two shaves, but not up to the standard that Feather has set with their AC and DE blades.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I've been using a OneBlade Genesis almost exclusively since I got it back in April or May. It's always given me BBS shaves and I normally get 3 - 10 shaves off each blade.
Wow, the FHS10 blade for me is good for 2 shaves and then is tossed. It is a great blade for the first shave and 2nd shave? and then it just drops off fast for my beard type for what ever reason. I have a Oneblade core and really enjoy that mild razor especially on the chin and neck area's. Feather mfg might of had a few blades that slipped through Q.C, they are known for a very sharp blade and a good blade. FHS10 blade is expensive and should have better life IMO.

I'm on blade 2 of a new pack of FHS10 blades I bought earlier this summer and they don't seem to be as good as the pack that came with my OneBlade Core. I got 3-4 good shaves out of those, but with this new pack even the first shave isn't that great. No cuts or weepers, but the blades just aren't performing very well.

I get around 6 shaves from the feather blade in my core and hybrid. I flip the blade over so I get 3 shaves per shave. I start with my hybrid for 2 then the core for 2 and then finally back to the hybrid for 2. As for quality all I can say is my last pack had a little more wax seal then the previous pack. I also find connaughts the cheapest here in the UK. Currently using the razorock ECO half de blade razor.

I usually get 6-8 shaves from a FHS10 in my Autostrops, sometimes fewer, occasionaly more. I palm strop the blades between shaves just as I do with Gem SE blades. I've never understood the poor performance some users get from them, for me they've always been good blades. I source my blades from Europe but I would imagine they all come out of the same plant. Like GEMS, I imagine they have a main focus like lab slicers/dicers that has little to do with shaving.

Wow, the FHS10 blade for me is good for 2 shaves and then is tossed. It is a great blade for the first shave and 2nd shave? and then it just drops off fast for my beard type for what ever reason. I have a Oneblade core and really enjoy that mild razor especially on the chin and neck area's. Feather mfg might of had a few blades that slipped through Q.C, they are known for a very sharp blade and a good blade. FHS10 blade is expensive and should have better life IMO.
Feather FHS-10
In my OneBlade Core I can get one really
Great three pass shave and the second attempt to use the blade barely qualifies
As a shave, in fact calling the second use a shave is what my result would consider delusional..

Top Bottom