What's new

Feather FHS-10 question

I like my OneBlade razor, but the cost of blades can add up fast. Has anyone tried putting the blade into a Valet Auto Stop with any luck? I was thinking of buying a thin piece of leather and try it but would appreciate others insights first.

Are you thinking about using the Valet to strop your FHS-10?

I have used Feathers in my Valet, but don't have a strop. But if I did, I don't think I'd try stropping a hi-stainless FHS-10 blade. Not with that dinky leather strop. I once read of a carbon Feather, FAS-10, but never have seen one. If one really existed, it might respond better to stropping.

The FHS blades should fit, only in a specific model (the one I have) you have to cut a liitle piece to fit on the letter E tab. I was thinking of using the used blades on my Valet razor to see if I can get more shaves without stropping, maybe in this quarantine days I would do that.

About the FAS carbon blades, I bought one to try them and they feel rough and not so efficient, again they might get reater benefit from stropping, but also they might have a different angle.

I remember seeing this tutorial to make a strop from a cheap chinese leather and canvas strop for the Valet, but I can´t find it. That is interesting because you can find those strops on Aliexpress for about $1 or 2, but I´ll have to wait after this pandemic ends to try...

Cheers

FHS-10 Blades are only good for 1 quality shave for me. Some here get more. I tried both hand stropping and on a straight razor strop, but the second shave is noticeably not as smooth and the 3rd is unbearable for me. However using modified Gem blades with the Oneblade, I can get 6 nice shaves.

Top Bottom