What's new

Feather DE

Anyone ever seen a Feather DE like this? If so, how does it shave?

proxy.php

nice one Art , didnt know Feather had that one , I thought they only had the TTO one which doesnt get so many positive points.

This one looks more pro.

I've never seen that, but I have seen an all-pastic "tech-like" Feather DE model a while ago on ebay. The plastic head was clear, and the handle I believe was a semi-transparent white plastic.

I got my Feather Travel DE on Tuesday just before I left to go to Philadelphia, with no internet access (so no reviews until now).

I have shave with this razor 3 times. In comparison to my Merkur Classic razor, it's only about 1/2 inch smaller in length but otherwise looks like my tech.

The shave? I shaved with a NEW Feather blade, not the one that came in the package but they look exactly the same. I got a great shave the first two times, then an excellent shave the last. I didn't use a lot of pressure on any of them, I just let the weight of the razor do the work for me. Since I was on the road in Philly, I shaved in the shower without a mirror. Today will be my FIRST with a mirror and with the use of heated water like I use 99 % of the time.

All in all it seems to be a great razor and great packaging in the plastic travel case. I think I might keep this razor at work in my locker due to it's "travel" name.

I got my Feather Travel DE on Tuesday just before I left to go to Philadelphia, with no internet access (so no reviews until now).

I have shave with this razor 3 times. In comparison to my Merkur Classic razor, it's only about 1/2 inch smaller in length but otherwise looks like my tech.

The shave? I shaved with a NEW Feather blade, not the one that came in the package but they look exactly the same. I got a great shave the first two times, then an excellent shave the last. I didn't use a lot of pressure on any of them, I just let the weight of the razor do the work for me. Since I was on the road in Philly, I shaved in the shower without a mirror. Today will be my FIRST with a mirror and with the use of heated water like I use 99 % of the time.

All in all it seems to be a great razor and great packaging in the plastic travel case. I think I might keep this razor at work in my locker due to it's "travel" name.

Good Stuff, Art. This Feather DE is currently my favorite razor. I have gotten incredible shaves with it. (seems to work well with feather blades too!) :thumbup1:

Thanks for the link!

I started out on the mostly-plastic TTO version of this one (avail at classicshaving.com) -- the handle and deck for the blade are black plastic -- and have found that it shaved well, but was too light for my tastes. But, it was a good DE to learn on and inexpensive enough that if I didn't like DE shaving I wouldn't feel like I wasted a ton of money. But, after about 2 months, I upgraded to a Merkur and a vintage Gillette and now suffer from shaving cream aquisition disorder.

Top Bottom