What's new

Feather Blades

Any good ideas where I may obtain feather blades. I received my Derby's from Ebay, but don't see feather there.

Thanks

Wow! Cotton Blossom Crafts is in my town... I'm gonna pick some up this weekend! What luck!

I know this is subjective, but are they worth the extra cost? It seems Feather are more expensive than the Derby blades I've seen on the bay. The good people at Ristretto sent me a sample pack with the coffee they sent me a few months back, and I almost enjoyed the blades as much as the coffee (excellent stuff -- go order some now!). Anyway, are Feathers worth it?

I know this is subjective, but are they worth the extra cost? It seems Feather are more expensive than the Derby blades I've seen on the bay. The good people at Ristretto sent me a sample pack with the coffee they sent me a few months back, and I almost enjoyed the blades as much as the coffee (excellent stuff -- go order some now!). Anyway, are Feathers worth it?

Yes, they are worth it. I enjoy using both Derby and Feather blades. Feather gives me more shaves per blade than Derby.

For some yes, for some no. For me? Eh, I'm indifferent. It's up to you to figure that out for yourself. I'm not trying to dodge the question, but like most other things shave related, it's a personal thing.

Agree with John. The only answer is maybe. You might find you actually prefer Derbies. That's not uncommon, by any means. In which case of course Feathers aren't worth the money. But you might be light me, and find that Derbies are just unpleasant. In which case Feathers are well worth it.

Personally I am happy with Feathers, but trying to decide if Swedes are worth it. (All the sudden, we are up around 75c - $1 a blade. This is starting to feel like cartridge territory again. Not really. But closer than I would like).

-Mo

There is no better blade advice that you will receive on here then this: Try the Letter K Sampler Pack. The good gents on here were kind enough to pass this on to me and I am very grateful as I have found which blades work best for me. I strongly encourage you to do the same and find what works for you as every face is different, and you really don't know what you are going to like best (or what you are missing) until you give each a try.

Feathers are the sharpest, and least forgiving, but obviously give the best, closest shaves. If that's what's important to you, then definitely they are worth it. I'm too much of a klutz for them though.

Top Bottom