What's new

Feather blades

In the past, I have tried these blades in medium aggressive razors and hated them. Uncomfortable, irrition .
I recently bought ATT M1 which has a very small blade gap, I suspect is close to a Feather razor. I recently added some feather blades to a soap order
I had a very comfortable and close shave.Cannot believe the difference in this blade from before.
I usually use Gillette silver blue which are excellent. I wonder if Feather blades have changed.

No, they haven't. For me they work well in every razor I use. Smooth, comfortable, sharp, long lasting (longer than my other blades).
The only thing that changed over the years is the price, from highly expensive to affordable to now inexpensive (if you wait for an offer at German Amazon around 35 EUR shipped for a pack of 200 blades).

They are.. let's say unpredictable in my opinion. In Karve with plate B, they were very good, but on the first try, they were meh to average at best.
In Tatara, they were average, not as good as Gillette Platinum, or Rubie.
Yes, they are very sharp, but somehow the outcome is not as predictable as with others I tried.

I have been using Feather blades exclusively in my Muhle R41, R89 and Feather AS-D2, always fantastic performance, great shave.

Sharp blade is never a problem, quite the contrary. Irritation, nicks, cuts, etc are always the result of poor technique.

I have been using Feather blades exclusively in my Muhle R41, R89 and Feather AS-D2, always fantastic performance, great shave.

Sharp blade is never a problem, quite the contrary. Irritation, nicks, cuts, etc are always the result of poor technique.
Yes, maybe it's me that has changed, better at shaving!

I haven't noticed any changes and I bought packs 3-4 times already during the 2.5 years I am shaving with a DE from different vendors. I find them a bit too much in a mid-aggressive to aggressive razor for daily shaves, but they are some of my favorites paired with a milder one. On the rare occasion that I've skipped a day or two, they are superb used in an open comb razor.

Interesting observation! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I generally find Feathers too sharp, unforgiving and not especially comfortable.

However, put one in an AS/D2 and it is fabulous!! So the razor makes a huge difference for me also.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
For me Feather blades in a Gillette Tech or a Merkur 34C/G give me excellent shaves but I still find that the Feathers need to be respected.

+1
I really like the Feather in my Rockwell with the 4 plate.

I saw the earlier post about getting 200 blades for 35 EUR. I wish I could find them that reasonably priced. The best price I find is $35 US per hundred. That’s about 40 EUR.

+1
I really like the Feather in my Rockwell with the 4 plate.

I saw the earlier post about getting 200 blades for 35 EUR. I wish I could find them that reasonably priced. The best price I find is $35 US per hundred. That’s about 40 EUR.
I spoke too soon. I found 200 Feather blades on EBay for $50. I pulled the trigger and bought them. They will be here next Saturday.

In the past, I have tried these blades in medium aggressive razors and hated them. Uncomfortable, irrition .
I recently bought ATT M1 which has a very small blade gap, I suspect is close to a Feather razor. I recently added some feather blades to a soap order
I had a very comfortable and close shave.Cannot believe the difference in this blade from before.
I usually use Gillette silver blue which are excellent. I wonder if Feather blades have changed.
They haven't changed, its probably just that you used them in a mild razor. IMO, Feathers do best in a mild razor because they can use their awesome cutting power but the razor is mild enough that it minimizes the risk of nicking yourself.

Top Bottom