What's new

Feather Blade Review

I hate to be the dissenting voice but I just can't seem to get a good shave with Feather blades. It's not for lack of trying. I keep coming back to them, hoping that one of these days it will click. I had yet another harsh shave today with one. Stories like yours will keep me trying. I'm glad you found a great solution!
Have you tried Wilkinson Sword(Germany). I get great shaves with this blade. Last one I used, I got 4 close shaves, on the 5th, I had a lot of clean ups. Did a 2nd pass with another blade. Put in a 2 shave used Gillette Platinum, and got 3 good shaves, before I had a lot of clean ups. Wilkinson is the blade for me at this time. Was thinking about the med prep blades I have seen others talk about on here. Can't remember the brand..

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I think Feathers are great in some razors. They are one brand I bought a hundred of. Other brands I like would be Personna Med Prep and Blue, German Wilkies, and lately I used a Muhle blade for 15 or more shaves I quit counting before I retired it.

I don't have any more Muhle blades but am thinking of ordering a pack at some point. After two shaves it became mellow and stayed that way for a long time. The first couple of shaves were fine too, but it was just that from three on it was so smooth.

Congratulations on discovering Feathers! They are my sharpest, smoothest blade, I get two quality shaves with each Feather, & am quite happy with that. I wish they maintained their sharpness longer for me, but because the quality is so far superior to any other blade I've tried, I'll overlook the short lifespan.

That's amazing. I really like Feather blades, but I rarely use them as they are my worst for longevity - 2 good shaves.
That is all I get out of them! Not worth it to me. Might be the sharpest, but not for long..Wilkies, Gillette Plats, Parkers, all give me great shaves, and last longer than 2 shaves...NO VOKSHODS!!

That is all I get out of them! Not worth it to me. Might be the sharpest, but not for long..Wilkies, Gillette Plats, Parkers, all give me great shaves, and last longer than 2 shaves...NO VOKSHODS!!
When my Feather as d2 arrives I'm going to start with a Feather blade and I'll see how it performs. In the meantime I'm on to the Astra Superior Platinum. I'm two shaves in and really liking it so far.

Top Bottom