What's new

Feather Blade Life Span

I can usually get 4-5 shaves out of a Feather blade and for sure you can feel the loss of performance in those last two. I've stretched them longer, but usually regret as they get much less enjoyable to use when pushed. I've tried other blades, but for my beard and preferences, nothing shaves quite like a Feather. Sooooooo smooth and comfy when I do my part!

2, sometimes 3. I only feel the extra sharpness in the first shave and after that it's on par with most blades and on the third shave is sometimes almost as good as the second or worse. If Feather could retain it's sharpness for at least 3 shaves, improve their longevity and somehow become even slightly smoother, I would consider paying their premium price, but i'm really not impressed with what they have to offer. As always - ymmv.

When I switched back from disposable razors to de awhile ago, I purchased a sample pack from WCS, which included a 10 pack of feathers. Reading how sharp they were, and not wanting to cut myself, I saved them until I had my technique down.

A few days ago I decided to try them in my 1940s gold fat handle Tech. The first Shave was rough, and the 2nd even worse. Tossed the blade, and tried a fresh one this morning. It was so bad, halfway through the shave I tossed it and went back to an Astra SS. Perfection.

Perhaps I received a bad batch, but they sure didn't work for me. Currently the Astra SS & SP are my favorites.

Just started mine Feather experience and loving it.

Question is what day does the blade reach its best performance?

I’ve found day 4 to be my best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom