What's new

Feather blade in a WR1-OC

Just had possibly the best shave ever using a Feather blade in my Wolfman OC razor. Used zero pressure and was rewarded with a super irritation free shave. Used Stirling Glacial Obsidian and 50/50 grape/hemp seed oil preshave.
Will see how many shaves this blade gets. Super impressed. Also coincides with 6 months of DE shaving so technique is sound...

Feather blades are the best! If your technique is up to the task there is no better blade, if not the Feather will bite and blood will flow.
I used them exclusively to learn how to shave and the lessons were great! I can shave with any blade now and get a great shave and I believe it is due to the use of Feather Blades for a good four months before using other brands very much.

I I now use Feather Blades as my main shaving blades but also mix in a few other brands like Gillete Silver Blue, Astra SP, Voskhod, PolSilver SI, and several vintage blades when I can get them in good condition. But when I want the best shave I always reach for a Feather.

They just work for me! YMMV!

I usually get a good shave with Feathers, the operative word being "a". For me they drop off in performance exponentially after that and I usually can't even get through a second shave with them. I'm somewhat jealous of people that can get more use out of their blades.

I usually get a good shave with Feathers, the operative word being "a". For me they drop off in performance exponentially after that and I usually can't even get through a second shave with them. I'm somewhat jealous of people that can get more use out of their blades.

I'll be looking for the deterioration in the shave tonight, and subsequent shaves 3+4. I get 4 shaves from a GSB, and 5 comfortable ones from a Med Prep.

Top Bottom