What's new

FS Feather AS-D2 Mint Condition - Original Box - Free Pack Of Feather Blades!

Today I am selling a mint condition, only used maybe 7 times, Feather AS-D2 razor. This is the razor that started off my wet shaving journey, reason for selling, I don't use this razor anymore, and I need the money to buy another razor. I have taken very good care of this razor, and in preparation for selling it, I gave it a good cleaning bath in 91% isopropyl alcohol.

I also took a picture to show that I will ship your razor with care, as you can see, I use the good stuff, large bubble wrap, your razor will ride in a pillow of comfort.

Price is going to be $220.00.

Shipping will be FREE!

United States only please, I am not dealing with customs shipping, taxes, and duty fees.

Will be using Paypal for transaction.

All sales are final.

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG
IMG_4160.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG
IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_20220913_061842405.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Someone let me know that the value on these razors have gone down hill, even though they are made in Japan, quality 316L stainless steel. This was my first BST FS post and I am already regretting it, so maybe I should just delete this post?

Someone let me know that the value on these razors have gone down hill, even though they are made in Japan, quality 316L stainless steel. This was my first BST FS post and I am already regretting it, so maybe I should just delete this post?
I don't think you necessarily need to delete the post... like a lot of items that get posted for sale, I think it depends on what number it really takes for you to decide on keeping it or not. Like if it's not worth it to you to sell it for less than $220, and you don't need it to move quickly, just leave it up and see if someone is interested in it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I don't think you necessarily need to delete the post... like a lot of items that get posted for sale, I think it depends on what number it really takes for you to decide on keeping it or not. Like if it's not worth it to you to sell it for less than $220, and you don't need it to move quickly, just leave it up and see if someone is interested in it.

Yep, the razor seems to have been devalued by a lot more then I thought it was going to be, after only 6-months. Amazon is undercutting the competition global wide it looks like. But they are also a major corporation who does special tricks and whatnot, to keep pricing low. I can't compete with that obviously lol.

Yeah I mean Amazon wouldn't be my preferred choice of buying, I'd rather get it through Fendrihan or one of the other retailers who are still offering it for attractive price, knowing that that way I'm supporting them with the purchase and have support/warranty coverage if there is something wrong with the item.
Fluctuating prices & demand can be tough to deal with...

No disrespect meant to your post, but just as a heads up there are several retailers that offer this for below $200 (new, with customer support, etc).
GLWTS 👍
Wait, there's more to the story. When an item like this has been used by a famous and distinguished person, the price goes UP!! Obviously, SWCT qualifies as famous and distinguished. You know, it's a collector's item and worth far more than retail. So, SWCT, RAISE THE PRICE!!! 🙂

I agree that the posted asking price is too high. You have a lot of options here.

1) Leave it up and see if it gets any interest.
2) Adjust the price downward in a subsequent post.
3) Adjust it downwards once, and if you don't get any interest, adjust it downwards again thereafter until you do get some interest.
4) Withdraw the razor from the sale and keep it.

If you really don't want to keep it, I would start with option 2, then proceed to option 3 if necessary. The other thing you could do is offer it up for trade and see what people would trade for it. You could also post things you would like to get in trade.

Lots of options here. No need to regret putting up the sale, just make adjustments.

By this time next year the lowest going rate of feather asd2 will be 230. Essentially what Amazon has as their marked out original price. Or whatever maggards sells it for. Which is 220. It could be higher.
This is a steal on Amazon currently

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Well, there is a razor that I really want, and I was hoping to make the sale on the AS-D2 here, and be able to use half of the money I make on the AS-D2 sale, to buy the razor I want. Of course the razor I want is out of stock right now, but thats why I wanted to sell the AS-D2, so I would have the money once the razor I want comes back in stock.

I suppose I'd be willing to accept a trade, but the AS-D2 is technically worth a little more then the razor I want to buy, so it wouldn't be a bit of an uneven trade.

And yes Olivia, your right, Amazon has a real steal of a deal going on for the AS-D2. Which sucks for my situation right now, but is great for someone who doesn't mind supporting Jeff Bezo's for a good deal. lol

Well, there is a razor that I really want, and I was hoping to make the sale on the AS-D2 here, and be able to use half of the money I make on the AS-D2 sale, to buy the razor I want. Of course the razor I want is out of stock right now, but thats why I wanted to sell the AS-D2, so I would have the money once the razor I want comes back in stock.

I suppose I'd be willing to accept a trade, but the AS-D2 is technically worth a little more then the razor I want to buy, so it wouldn't be a bit of an uneven trade.

And yes Olivia, your right, Amazon has a real steal of a deal going on for the AS-D2. Which sucks for my situation right now, but is great for someone who doesn't mind supporting Jeff Bezo's for a good deal. lol
Yeah. No online retailers can compete with an Amazon closeout. However, one they are out they are out and these razors last forever.
Definitely sucks for your situation. You can definitely try to offer the trade though. I would say also shaving bazaar on reddit too, but idk. I trust here more than reddit.

If there is a razor you want, but it is worth less than your Feather, you can specify in this thread something like:

"Will consider a trade for Razor XXXX in mint condition, plus cash on your end."

You just might get lucky. 🙂

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Well, the razor that I am interested in is PAA's Copper Ascension Twist-Adjustable Double Open Comb Safety Razor Rose Gold Plated CNC Machined
1663110534785.png

Its been out of stock for a very long time. But I figure there had to be other's on B&B who bought this razor. And IDK, maybe if someone out there has a perfect condition one barely used like my razor, I'd be interested in a trade I suppose.

The price/interest in this type of razor has dropped appreciably. I put mine up for sale on BST in early August. The best offer I received was $100.00 usd which included shipping.
When I started wet shaving in 2017 the price was 130.00 new from Amazon and there were group buys from massdrop(?) at about the same price as well.

I own an AS-D2 and wont separate of it for any consideration. Just give it another try with the good blade. This razor take for me long time to be mastered. Feather blade is just too sharp, i use Astra platinium which gave me 15 nices daily shaves. Good luck

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I mastered this razor many months ago, don't care for it. Many places sell this razor for 185 and up, just Amazon has the lowest price right now. Lots of folks on Ebay selling this for 200 and up. I guess I could do 185, but judging by the responses I've got, I doubt anybody would pay that price either. I think a trade deal is the only way this is gonna happen at this point.

Unfortunately however, nobody has showed up to say that they own the copper ascension twist razor, so I am SOL at this point. So far PAA still hasn't got any of those razors in stock, they must be having severe supply shortage issues going on, I gotta say, I am not impressed with the situation. I am at the point of giving up at this point.

Top Bottom