What's new

Feather AS-D2 Clone - Surprisingly it works well, with a few improvements

Picked this up on Aliexpress about two weeks ago and it arrived the other day. First impressions: Very well made. They even copied the silver matte finish correctly, on both the handle and the head, and the weight is heavier than an original (110g vs 90g). Another improvement is the blade exposure and gap is slightly better than the mild AS-D2. Best of all is the price, $13 compared to $150 for a real one.

US $7.9 7% OFF|Men Shaving Blade Replaceable Classic Safety Razor Manual Shaver Matte Nonslip Blank Brass Double Edge Razor-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg SAM_2910.JPG SAM_2911.JPG SAM_2912.JPG

Last edited:
That is something that Yintal put out a while ago. As @Copierguy said, the handle is a clone of the AS-D2, but the head is different. Essentially it is the same head sold as the RR Mentor and Maggard V3a. Great shaver, but not a clone of the AS-D2.

True, they didn't copy the head but it shaves terrific. The matte finish really speeds it along. They could have copied it if they wanted to, but there's always been the complaint that it's too mild.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I just don't understand ordering knockoffs of the real thing. I will always buy the real thing, even if that means considerable time saving up the funds to do so.

It's not open comb, it's closed comb with some grooves. The heavier weight would be a negative for me. Similar to Folex watch imho.

I just don't understand ordering knockoffs of the real thing. I will always buy the real thing, even if that means considerable time saving up the funds to do so.

It's not open comb, it's closed comb with some grooves. The heavier weight would be a negative for me. Similar to Folex watch imho.
Real thing is shaven beard, not how you acheaved it.
Modern world and eaven ancient world stands on so called knock-offs. Somebody invented something and others begun to use this invention. This is how civilization spread....

To be clear, Yintal never listed the razor as an AS-D2 clone. The OP did and it was based on the handle only. The head is probably a genuine design that was the next step up from the Merkur or Muhle clone heads that the Chinese were cloning ever since they got into the business. RR and Maggard has been selling them for a long time now and so the head is not a knockoff of anything except whoever in China created it (and everyone else copied). So in this case, saving the money to get the real thing would probably set you back a Latte Grande.

Ok, I bought it for like $12.00, delivered. I used it a few times and got pretty beat up. I also have the Feather AS-D2, both the Rockwell 6s and 6c, and a Merkure 34c. I use the Feather as my primary and the Rockwell 6s lives in my lake house, meaning I travel with the Rockwell 6c and the Merkure. I experimented the other day with the knock-off razor handle in the Rockwell 6c and found that I liked it very much. It gives it just a tad bit more weight, so it is now similar to the Rockwell 6s in that regard. Any how, I like the handle matchup and can change back if I need to do so. Thanks.

Top Bottom