What's new

Feather As -D2 buyers

For those of you that have owned your Feather as d2 for number of years has the white/frosted chrome finish worn at all? Mine looks perfect after 2 years.

The Gillette tech is the easiest and most intuitive razor I have ever used. I understand this is based off the design of the Tech,but more efficient. Based off of that, I always wanted the razor.

I found the tech an especially easy razor to use too.
The next easiest razors would be a slim on setting 3 or 4 followed by a Karve B.

Quite a few guys have commented that the feather AS-D2 is very angle sensitive unlike the tech.

That finish isn't likely to wear at all unless it gets banged against a faucet. It is extremely hard chrome.

It really is a remarkable finish on the razor. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen on a razor. It goes beyond “matte”. More like armor. It’s a razor I think a guy could use for decades without putting a single scratch on it if taken care of.

It really is a remarkable finish on the razor. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen on a razor. It goes beyond “matte”. More like armor. It’s a razor I think a guy could use for decades without putting a single scratch on it if taken care of.

One thing I learned from the tool world, the Japanese make their products like jewelry. I mean that as a compliment, the fit and finish is impeccable. Even down to the details like the packaging. The ratchet I had was almost too beautiful to use.

I found the tech an especially easy razor to use too.
The next easiest razors would be a slim on setting 3 or 4 followed by a Karve B.

Quite a few guys have commented that the feather AS-D2 is very angle sensitive unlike the tech.
It’s odd how they look like the exact same head between the two, yet the tech is easier .

For those of you that have owned your Feather as d2 for number of years has the white/frosted chrome finish worn at all? Mine looks perfect after 2 years.

Five years and mine is, literally, unchanged; I expect it will look the same a couple of decades from now. Bought a backup, just in case.:001_smile

After reading some more love I am bringing out my AS-D2 for another try again. Every so often I try it, with a Feather blade, so far the best I can manage is DFS with a bit of irritation trying to get to BBS. It is a beautiful razor, extremely precise construction. But the tiny angle which will give a close shave eludes me more often than the times I stumble upon it. Oh well try again tomorrow, maybe lightning will strike.

I bought a Feather AS-D2 and returned it because I did not feel like it has the build quality I was looking for. I replaced it with a Blackland Blackbird. I need a tough razor because I am hard (drop everything) on the things I buy. Plastic bowls and solid razors! I think it is well documented as a great razor and shave, I think you need to own both mild, mid and aggressive razors so that you can shave under different circumstances. If I had liked the build, it would have retained a place in my arsenal. By the way, I am not saying it is flimsy or would have broken on the first drop, but that it did not meet my criteria, I am sure it is tough enough for some and not quite for others. I know my razors almost as soon as I pick one up! Love at first shave!

Bought my Feather AS-D2 about a year ago (Had been using Merkur Future). Used it for two weeks with both Feather Blades and PolSilvers. Wasn’t pleased at all with the shaves and took a break. Came back to if for another week and still no good. It’s been sitting since. I’m trying to hit the 50 post mark so I can try selling here.

Recently bought the Rex Ambassador Adjustable, and absolutely love it. Smooth, efficient and comfortable. A real joy. Everything I was hoping for from the Feather.

I got it today and took it for a whirl . Wow did I ever tear up my face. I think lathering up from a shave soap sample was a bad idea , and Feather blades no matter how I dice it , don’t work for me.

I've never seen a finish like it either. Its beautiful but very different looking from other chrome finishes. That's why I was curious about durability. I figured it was durable but thought I would ask and make sure. Thanks to you and the others who answered.

I got it today and took it for a whirl . Wow did I ever tear up my face. I think lathering up from a shave soap sample was a bad idea , and Feather blades no matter how I dice it , don’t work for me.

I do hope it gets much better and suspect it will. I will tell you, despite plenty of experience with DE shaving, I had an extreme tendency to use pressure with this particular razor. I hope that was your issue. I also had the very experience you had with the feather blade. But I will say, despite not enjoying the razor, try to stick with the feather blade as it truly was the best fit for it and my face. Others have concurred. Good luck!

I've never seen a finish like it either. Its beautiful but very different looking from other chrome finishes. That's why I was curious about durability. I figured it was durable but thought I would ask and make sure. Thanks to you and the others who answered.

I do hope it gets much better and suspect it will. I will tell you, despite plenty of experience with DE shaving, I had an extreme tendency to use pressure with this particular razor. I hope that was your issue. I also had the very experience you had with the feather blade. But I will say, despite not enjoying the razor, try to stick with the feather blade as it truly was the best fit for it and my face. Others have concurred. Good luck!
+1. No pressure. Stick with the Feather blade and you will learn to love the AS-D2! It gives amazing results once you get the hang of it.

The Feather AS-D2? Blades are YMMV but I've come to love Feathers in a really mild razor. They don't last long though.

+1. No pressure. Stick with the Feather blade and you will learn to love the AS-D2! It gives amazing results once you get the hang of it.
I’m guilty of not making a razor my daily driver long enough before moving on. I read if you don’t make this razor your go to for less than a month, you’re truly missing out and won’t really learn it .I’ll stick with it.

Top Bottom