What's new

Feather Artist Club SS

Hey guys, I recently purchased a Feather AC SS from amazon japan and I love it! Does anyone know whether I should disassemble it every time after use? I'm asking it because I'm suspecting that the spring of the shavette is pinched by the side plate constantly when you put this shavette assembled which is not a good thing for the spring? any information appreciated. thanks

Optional in my opinion. I do because I like to keep the blade separate from the razor to avoid any potential rust or staining. But I don't use the Feather everyday, so take that into account.

The spring should work fine for a very very long time with normal use.

I've never left my Artist Club disassembled to "save" the spring. It functions just fine after A LOT of years of use. Then again, I use it almost every day. A rusty blade might be a concern if you leave it sit for a month or more.

Don

It is not necessary to take it apart. I do not disassemble my Feather AC or other shavettes after a shave, I just make sure there is no soap residue left, especially near the lip where the blade protrudes. I usually disassemble and give a light cleaning when changing AC blades (after 15+ shaves) but do not always clean it each time, as there is not much soap residue present.

Thanks Gents. I actually sent an email to feather to ask this question and their reply was it is better to take out the blade and disassemble the SS after use. But as lots of gents said, those extra cares barely make any difference.

^^^
I've been using the Feather RG for over ten years and after a shave, just rinse and wipe down. After 7-10 shaves, give or take, I remove the blade, open 'er up, wipe down the innards, put it back together and install another blade. Honestly, I think its completely overkill and quite outrageous to open 'er up after every shave. The quality of build and materials are impervious to every day use. Just use it and enjoy.

Top Bottom