What's new

Feather artist club SS straight razor tips

I also have far more shaves with the DX compared to the SS. I find that the SS does require a somewhat more obtuse angle for the ideal shave angle.

I have far more experience with the DX style than the SS style, but my take is that they both should be held at about the same angle. Both held nearly flat as possible while still being able to cut close. Letting the bump of the SS push down the skin behind the leading edge to assist with skin stretching, not to necessarily change the shave angle. But there is more difference when shaving areas like the cheeks versus the jawline with less soft tissue underneath, so it is not exactly the same.

But more important than some specific angle is a light touch.

Yes sir, I agree. The most difficult area on my face in the chin and moustache area where the hair is growing straight out and dense. As long as the blade is sharp and the touch is light, the hair is cut with minimal effort.

I've noticed using a proper straight that the sharper the more effective/efficient the shave and the less I must go over the same areas. Less of this repletion equals less irritation and more comfort, IMHO. :)

Top Bottom