What's new

Feather artist club professional soft guard blade

Hi gang,

While i was browsing around i found some "feather professional soft guard" blade. based on my limited japanese it sounds like they would fit AC ...

Wondered if anyone has tried them ? It looks like they are recommended for sensitive skin, light beards and ... women.
With that pink packaging i suspect they are intended for ladies.

proxy.php

Fasa

Interesting. I've never seen them but I wouldn't be surprised if they were for women. Barber shops over here (beauty salons maybe) do advertise face shaving for the ladies. Where did you see them for sale?

Interesting. I've never seen them but I wouldn't be surprised if they were for women. Barber shops over here (beauty salons maybe) do advertise face shaving for the ladies. Where did you see them for sale?

Rakuten my friend ... I wonder if they are just proguard blades ...

Sent from Mars

They could be repackaged proguards, but I am thinking that because Feather (and Kai) makes mild blades, this might be one with a guard on it. I could see that if they marketed them for women, they might want a milder protected blade.

They could be repackaged proguards, but I am thinking that because Feather (and Kai) makes mild blades, this might be one with a guard on it. I could see that if they marketed them for women, they might want a milder protected blade.

You mean the feather light with a guard ? that could make sense... Next time i bring something from japan i might get one of those

Hi gang,

While i was browsing around i found some "feather professional soft guard" blade. based on my limited japanese it sounds like they would fit AC ...

Wondered if anyone has tried them ? It looks like they are recommended for sensitive skin, light beards and ... women.
With that pink packaging i suspect they are intended for ladies.

proxy.php

Fasa

i also wonder if simply repackaged Proguards.

can you post the link where you found?

In interest of experimentation, I grabbed a few packs of these Feather Soft Guard blades, just to see how they shave. Two days growth, with fairly standard shave prep and procedure.

In a couple of words, absolutely smooth and effortless; near BBS after first pass, totally smooth after a light second pass.

Examining the Softguards closely, they definitely have a different guard pattern and slighter blade exposure than the regular Proguards. I suspect they might be challenged by a heavy, wiry, coarse beard. Also, they might not give the same number of shaves as regular Proguards; .

But, I'll continue shaving with the new blades for a while and see how they shake out; I think it'll be fun!

(Anyone interested to try a blade, just PM.)

feather proguard blades compared.jpg
feather guard blades crop.jpg

I am curious about the Pro Guard blades. I tried using a very good straight razor and found it a little too difficult after many tries. The Feather Pro Guards blades seem to reduce the threat of cuts and provide a good shave. Anyone try this?

I use both Pro Guard and Soft Guard blades. Both are fine and work well on my very tough beard. They are also very forgiving. They give me the same number of shaves as do other Feather AC blades.

I have a slight preference for the Soft Guards over the Pro Guards.

I have seen these online and have thought about trying them in one of my ac razors, I was led to believe that they have guard to minimise nicks and good for sensitive skin. I have read reviews and the impression that I get is that they are milder than the other blades. But as others have said a bit pricey, here in the uk as well.

Top Bottom