What's new

Feather All-Stainless DE

Maybe I'm just being picky, but has anyone noticed that the stand and razor don't really match? Or is it just the lighting?

Also, what do you guys use to clean out the water run off that gets stuck in the stand?

Maybe I'm just being picky, but has anyone noticed that the stand and razor don't really match? Or is it just the lighting?

Also, what do you guys use to clean out the water run off that gets stuck in the stand?
If you wipe the razor off (I should hope) there is no runoff. As far as the color difference ..yes there is a difference. Picture is true to life in this case.

Last edited:
You are correct, they do not match but none the less I don't think they look odd together either,

proxy.php

Would it be safe to assume the stand's finish is brushed/polished because it's a turned piece while the razor pieces are cast? Material stock could also be different. Still, a great looking stand!

[Goes and retrieves his dusty manufacturing process reference]

I think they don't match because the razor head and handle have been bead blasted to give it the frosted satin look and the stand looks like it has a brushed finish.
BTW. Here a picture of my aluminum proto-type stand.
proxy.php

Wow Bob, amazing work. I think the finish on yours might even match the Razor better. :thumbup1:

I think they don't match because the razor head and handle have been bead blasted to give it the frosted satin look and the stand looks like it has a brushed finish.
BTW. Here a picture of my aluminum proto-type stand.
proxy.php

Wow Bob, amazing work. I think the finish on yours might even match the Razor better. :thumbup1:

Actually it just an aluminum proto-type, so the aluminum is whiter and it's just been spun polished on the lathe with 320 emery paper, the end were block sanded with 320 to give it a brushed look.
It's got 5 degrees of taper and was made to the specs given to me.
1 3/8 bottom. 1 1/8 top. 1 1/8th tall.
1/2 inch hole.
This one weighs 53 grams, so one made from SS would be 150-160.

Bob, I've just gotta say, even though I've seen and greatly respect all of your work, this idea is a really fantastic one, and your execution is flawless as usual. Bravo, maestro!

Think you could make an economy version out of some ivory acrylic or some such that might work with my new EJ DE87 (with the ivory handle)?

Bob, I've just gotta say, even though I've seen and greatly respect all of your work, this idea is a really fantastic one, and your execution is flawless as usual. Bravo, maestro!

Think you could make an economy version out of some ivory acrylic or some such that might work with my new EJ DE87 (with the ivory handle)?

Actually I don't think acrylic is suitable for this design, it too light and a chunk of faux ivory this size would be half a shaving brush blank.
An econo version would be the aluminum.
Aluminum is about 1/3rd the weight of SS or brass but still heavy enough to not be tippy.

Bought some razors and blades from him with no problem why do you call him names ?
He never has answered an e-mail (i sent him at least 8),never explains on his site how the Razor head and the complete Razor are the same price,never has 99 % of his stated products available either now or in the future,he is always sold out, and generally is the worst business person I have ever experienced . (I am 67 years old and have had a career in optical retail and customer service) I do have one of his open comb razors i bought on E-Bay and his workmanship is fine. He is banned from B @ B for his business dealing not his workmanship. I have dealt with Aneurysm and Hairizon.com with wonderful experiences. Sorry to upset you with my description of his anatomy. Many people feel the same way. This is all 100% the truth . Harvey

He never has answered an e-mail (i sent him at least 8),never explains on his site how the Razor head and the complete Razor are the same price,never has 99 % of his stated products available either now or in the future,he is always sold out, and generally is the worst business person I have ever experienced . (I am 67 years old and have had a career in optical retail and customer service) I do have one of his open comb razors i bought on E-Bay and his workmanship is fine. He is banned from B @ B for his business dealing not his workmanship. I have dealt with Aneurysm and Hairizon.com with wonderful experiences. Sorry to upset you with my description of his anatomy. Many people feel the same way. This is all 100% the truth . Harvey

Strange as I always get replies to my email I sent to him and got my items shipped surprisingly fast.

If your 67 then you've got a few years on me but I'm pretty patient when it comes to waiting on the new razors he is making and glad you are happy with yours

That little razor stand is for sale on his site now it seems , or maybe you can sell me some glasses if I'm reading it wrong

He told me got banned for using two nicknames on this forum but posts on most other razors forums.

I have the stand and it is very cool..quite heavy ..no chance of tipping..more of a traditional polished surface..more shiny than razor ..but very effective. Takes up much less room than a stand with a big base and is unique (at this time) Comes with an adhesive self sticking rubber base pad and is no big deal putting it on.the idea of such a small item being more stable than a big base stand lets you put the razor in a more crowded bathroom area.The stand is about 1 3/4 times as heavy as the razor and is engraved with the Feather logo. Quite cool. The Dovo stand is also really nice but does take up about 3 inches of counter space.That is pretty much it.

Which Dovo stand?

Strange as I always get replies to my email I sent to him and got my items shipped surprisingly fast.

If your 67 then you've got a few years on me but I'm pretty patient when it comes to waiting on the new razors he is making and glad you are happy with yours

That little razor stand is for sale on his site now it seems , or maybe you can sell me some glasses if I'm reading it wrong

He told me got banned for using two nicknames on this forum but posts on most other razors forums.

Bet he didn't mention this.
www.badgerblade.com

Top Bottom