What's new

Feather All-Stainless DE

This is consistent with the slickness I and others have observed. Smooth plated surfaces "stick" much easier. I'd love to see an open-comb version of the Feather. It might provide even less drag.

It's more like $225 shipped from hairizon for the Japanese version. So, an extra $75 for the stand, which really isn't outlandish in the land of razor stands, especially ones that are a solid block of stainless steel.
Did you get the razor yet?

Sadly, no, and today it has been 2 weeks. Very hard to wait for. :-(
Where are you located ..relative to Singnapore? can always e-mail them and mention we are waiting on Badger and Blade and counting the days!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wisconsin, so yeah I agree it's not exactly a hop, skip and a jump away, but I usually get international stuff much faster. It's not Hairizon's fault, it's just the way the mail is working on this particular item.

I wish you guys speedy shipping, but glad I didn't have to go through the same anguish with mine - arrived in four days.

It's the price we pay for getting the stand. :)

I don't think I've seen a review yet where they had the stand as well, so stay tuned... it should be here any...day...now...

It's the price we pay for getting the stand. :)

I don't think I've seen a review yet where they had the stand as well, so stay tuned... it should be here any...day...now...
I have the stand and it is very cool..quite heavy ..no chance of tipping..more of a traditional polished surface..more shiny than razor ..but very effective. Takes up much less room than a stand with a big base and is unique (at this time) Comes with an adhesive self sticking rubber base pad and is no big deal putting it on.the idea of such a small item being more stable than a big base stand lets you put the razor in a more crowded bathroom area.The stand is about 1 3/4 times as heavy as the razor and is engraved with the Feather logo. Quite cool. The Dovo stand is also really nice but does take up about 3 inches of counter space.That is pretty much it.

Mine arrived on Wednesday, with rushed mornings and two very late nights on I have not had a chance to enjoy it, that is planned for the weekend. Mine was ordered 31st May arrived 9th June to the UK and there was a weekend and a holiday in this time span so not bad.

I grabbed a few shots just as the light was fading on Wednesday, not great pics but none the less here they are,

proxy.php

proxy.php

Roll on Saturday:thumbup1:

I have the stand and it is very cool..quite heavy ..no chance of tipping..more of a traditional polished surface..more shiny than razor ..but very effective. Takes up much less room than a stand with a big base and is unique (at this time) Comes with an adhesive self sticking rubber base pad and is no big deal putting it on.the idea of such a small item being more stable than a big base stand lets you put the razor in a more crowded bathroom area.The stand is about 1 3/4 times as heavy as the razor and is engraved with the Feather logo. Quite cool. The Dovo stand is also really nice but does take up about 3 inches of counter space.That is pretty much it.

You have to keep the brush somewhere anyway, don't you?

AudioLab, where did you order that beauty from here in europe ?

I didn't get mine from Europe I ordered direct from Hairizon in Singapore. Despite my extensive searches and several emails to trusty suppliers I found no where in Europe that had stock. One UK site had it listed but it was out of stock and very expensive for the package without the stand (£160).

The direct route seems the best but do bear in mind you could get stung for import duties for going outside the EU.

You have to keep the brush somewhere anyway, don't you?
Yes but I have a multitude of stands..remember I am a collector so my bathroom and another spare room are shall we say displayed like a retail shave shop. I admit a little much but at this time ..this is my passion. I am consumer reports shave obsessed. Kind of a hobby during my retirement. I buy,trade ,use and display. I also make stands out of angle brackets and eye bolts. Polish or not. use 4 inch L brackets and 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch eye bolts. Cool and effective.

Last edited:
I could duplicate that base in SS if there was interest.
Probably have my local engraver, engrave your name on it too.
proxy.php
Bob you can do anything ..you are a master and have made me wonderful custom handles and obtained a few heads. If you design it ..we will come !!!!!

I'm interested in a stand.
Easy to make ..go to hardware ..buy a 4 inch L bracket (usually made by Stanley in china)..put an eye bolt of proper diameter. sometimes I use 2..one at top and one at bottom. Use nut in front of bracket and one in back. Cut off excess with a hacksaw and polish a bit. There are various types of nuts in most hardware store. Usually takes about 10 minutes unless you obsess .Can also mount them on wood or just go to BOBS RAZOR WORKS. He is the man!!!!

Top Bottom