What's new

Feather AC vs Razorine

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience between the 2. I have a feather AC non folding and noticed the Razorine (an upgraded brass version of the Duane) is also kamisori style, and allows for use of both sides of the blade.

Just curious.

Brad.

Interesting, as it looks like a traditional 3-piece DE razor but the handle is fixed at 90 degrees from normal to provide a kamisori grip. I have no idea of how it shaves. It would quite different from a Feather DX, though maybe it is a little like a Feather SS since one could presumably ride the cap to control the blade angle.
proxy.php

I’m thinking of just biting the bullet and ordering one for the sake of variety. I love my Feather SS, but I need to work through some the mass quantity of DE blades.

Yeah, so I ordered one in raw brass, just to change it up a bit. It’ll be interesting to see how this works. I’m on my last box of feather pros so until I order more, I’ll give this a whirl in the meantime. Should be here after the weekend.

My Razorine showed up in the mail about 15 minutes ago. It came with a few friends. Ordered mine in raw brass. Here’s a few pictures of unboxing and alongside my Feather AC.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

This finish has a couple micro blemishes and there appears to be some kind of dried oil inside the head and along the engraving on the back that has since washed off without issue.

Last edited:
I know there have been some concerns and complaints about the razor exposure being uneven. In these photos, I’ve loaded a fresh Astra and it “clicks” into place. I then place the cap on and it too “clicks” into place, sort of locking the blade and the cap together. I played around with it a few times but it looks like the blade has slightly uneven exposure due to the machining of the cap. (I’m guessing ?) It’s pretty minimal but I could see why some people aren’t happy with it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Anyhow, so far I like the look of it. The brass is kind of gritty yet classy to me, and makes me think of hard working Italian barbers who just want a nice looking, effective razor to get the job done. I’ll come back with comments when I have a chance to actually shave with this thing. It does strike me a bit head heavy, which is a preference for me, as I like to let the weight of the head do the work while I shave.

Last edited:
I got one and love it. Feels alien in my hand since I am a DE guy until today. The thing is awesome against the grain. Better than any DE I own.

I've been eyeing the Razorine recently and I've been reading the board comments. I'm not sure if the uneven blade exposure on the raw brass unit has been remedied. It seems like this has been the main concern or issue raised in the reviews. That being said the Vendor has been very responsive on the board to replace parts.

I've only used DE razors but I have two razors on the way: a Dovo Shavette and a Feather Japanese SS. I'm considering buying the Razorine this week.

It shaves wonderfully but if you are used to the typical DE handle/head orientation like I am it can be tricky to hold properly. I am still getting used to it. Funny thing is I shaved the first time without a hitch but the second time I got too comfortable with it and it got me.
IMG_0205.JPG

Awesome picture.
Thank you. The gaming keypad made for a good background. Unfortunately it was so cheap that a few of the keys didn't work. I ordered one of these to replace it but will have to wait a couple months before it can be made and shipped to me.
Azeron Gaming Keypad.jpg

Top Bottom