What's new

Fear the Feather

I have seen some reviews about this blade and I don't understand why people fear them? They're very good if you have a thick and coarse beard and if you do it properly you won't get any nick or irritation afterwards. So why fear them? I love them together with the Permasharps these are the only blades which gives me a perfect shave and a full BBS.

No reason to fear Feather blades.. They're sharp - the way blades are supposed to be :). They are not in any way scary.

I think it is just a way to keep newbies from trying them too soon, as they may be a more unforgiving blade. I do think that a Feather and bad technique shouldn't mix.

I have to admit, I was very anxious to try the feather. Then I tried it. I am now a Kai and Feather man. Smooth as silk.

One should fear the Feather!
I've heard stories of faces spontaneously breaking out in weepers just from being in the vicinity of an unopened pack...

For newbies, I recommend Astra SPs.

I have tried the feather and while sharp I didn't think it was all
that smooth....but I'm still learning. I have about 15 of them I will
save and use after I have more time in grade.

Any blade deserves respect. I held off on trying them for a while because everyone said to wait a while. Now that I used them it's one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite. Very smooth and slices through my whiskers better than any other blade.

I agree - fear not, but respect, definitely. If you aren't careful they will slice you like no other. That being said, they are my favorite blade at the moment.

- Badger Bill

I have decided today to never go past three shaves with them. I fear a feather with three shaves on it. I always have three good shaves and the forth just goes wrong

Feather blades in a mild razor has worked the best for me. I don't even try other blades anymore, although several are acceptable, as Feathers work so well. However, everyone needs to find the blade and razor that works the best for them.

I like 'em a lot. As to whether it's "too sharp," a bright guy said, "It's either sharp, or it's not."
Nothing to fear!

+1 To respecting the feather.

Then again, I think all razors blades should be respected.

Any one of them can mess you up if you get too cocky ;-)

I have seen some reviews about this blade and I don't understand why people fear them? They're very good if you have a thick and coarse beard and if you do it properly you won't get any nick or irritation afterwards. So why fear them? I love them together with the Permasharps these are the only blades which gives me a perfect shave and a full BBS.

It's all hype. People love to state that they mastered those "fearsome" blades.

One should fear the Feather!
I've heard stories of faces spontaneously breaking out in weepers just from being in the vicinity of an unopened pack...

For newbies, I recommend Astra SPs.

Hilarious, I heard that if you dream of them, you wake to a bloody mess on your pillow.

No honestly, use them within the first 4 weeks of starting DE shaving and you will be on a hiding to nothing, use them once you are experienced and know your face and beard direction growth, they are the best for that first shave, although I feel they dull very quickly and therefore my preference is the Persona Blue, another razor not to use until your are ready...

Top Bottom