What's new

Favourite Tank

I keep 9 batteries. # in the mod, Three I'll need later that day and the last three if I have to stay over night somewhere while the first 6 are charging. I run 3mil nic, 80/20, and my juice comes from Vape Connexion. Yes its spelled that way. All juices are built while you wait. All are clear. To color additives so its as clean as can be. I enjoy two flavors mainly. Lynticulus and Saiyon Fart. I haven't picked up my Tobacco pipes in 2.5 years and sold them all. I go thru a lot of juice. At this time with the RTA I run at 110 Watts. It makes me feel like I'm still puffing on a pipe with all the vapor that comes out.

I just upgraded from a baby beast to a TFV8. I got the gold one and it looks pretty sweet sitting on my orange Fuchai mod. :thumbup:

Got it last friday and today I went back and got a coil kit, some bacon bits cotton and a roll of 26*2 coil master twist wire.
Just like wet shaving, this is going to save me money right? :lol:

Has anyone dealt with www.myfreedomsmokes.com ?

I'm putting together an order with them for an eLeaf Pico kit, a pair of 18650 batteries, and a few bottles of juice to reach their $75 free shipping threshold.
I'd like to get some replacement heads at the same time, but they're out of stock at the moment.

Their prices seem good compared to the retail stores I've been shopping at ... but is there anyplace where I can do better, either price-wise or selection?
I won't be pulling the trigger anytime soon, probably not 'til I get my Tax Refund back, but if there are better e-vendors, I sure would like to know about it.

Thanks!

Has anyone dealt with www.myfreedomsmokes.com ?

I'm putting together an order with them for an eLeaf Pico kit, a pair of 18650 batteries, and a few bottles of juice to reach their $75 free shipping threshold.
I'd like to get some replacement heads at the same time, but they're out of stock at the moment.

Their prices seem good compared to the retail stores I've been shopping at ... but is there anyplace where I can do better, either price-wise or selection?
I won't be pulling the trigger anytime soon, probably not 'til I get my Tax Refund back, but if there are better e-vendors, I sure would like to know about it.

Thanks!

haven't dealt with them, but I have shopped at and had a good experience with element vapes. Their prices are pretty close to what you are looking at. Not saying they are better or worse, but just relaying an option that I know.

https://www.elementvape.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=eleaf+pico

haven't dealt with them, but I have shopped at and had a good experience with element vapes. Their prices are pretty close to what you are looking at. Not saying they are better or worse, but just relaying an option that I know.

Search results for: 'eleaf pico'
I've been exploring this site over the last few days ... I wish I'd explored them more before I pulled the trigger at MyFreedomSmokes.

ElementVape has an impressive amount of hardware to choose from, much more than MyFreedomSmokes ... while their prices are about on par, Element seems to have much more of their catalog items actually in stock to choose from.

Here's what I ordered from MFS ... it should be here by the end of this week.
Pico Mega Starter Kit by Eleaf w/ Melo III Mini
Samsung INR 18650-25R Battery - 2500mAh
Swiss Lux Tobacco E-Liquid
Desert Ship E-Liquid
US Red E-Liquid
European Tobacco E-Liquid
Aspire Nautilus BVC Replacement Heads (5pk)
Kanger Protank Replacement Heads (5pk)

Aspire CE5 BVC Clearomizer (x6)

My next hardware order will most likely be from Element ... I figure I'm good for about a 6 months supply of replacement coils, and by that time, I'll probably want to add a new mod and tank to my rotation.

As for the juices ... I ordered 4x15ml bottles of various MFS-brand tobacco flavored eLiquids. That should keep me rolling for about 2 months. My next order of juices will from Element, Naked brand, tobacco-flavored, larger bottles, cheaper cost.

Has anyone tried BlackNote eLiquids? www.blacknote.com
The write-up they give themselves talks about uncompromising quality and attention to detail in the mixing process. Their prices are high, but seem to be worth it. It would be a luxury smoke for me, not an ADV. But for times when I want to kick back and enjoy nothing but the best, BlackNote seems like the way to go.

I've been exploring this site over the last few days ... I wish I'd explored them more before I pulled the trigger at MyFreedomSmokes.

ElementVape has an impressive amount of hardware to choose from, much more than MyFreedomSmokes ... while their prices are about on par, Element seems to have much more of their catalog items actually in stock to choose from.

Here's what I ordered from MFS ... it should be here by the end of this week.

My next hardware order will most likely be from Element ... I figure I'm good for about a 6 months supply of replacement coils, and by that time, I'll probably want to add a new mod and tank to my rotation.

As for the juices ... I ordered 4x15ml bottles of various MFS-brand tobacco flavored eLiquids. That should keep me rolling for about 2 months. My next order of juices will from Element, Naked brand, tobacco-flavored, larger bottles, cheaper cost.

Has anyone tried BlackNote eLiquids? www.blacknote.com
The write-up they give themselves talks about uncompromising quality and attention to detail in the mixing process. Their prices are high, but seem to be worth it. It would be a luxury smoke for me, not an ADV. But for times when I want to kick back and enjoy nothing but the best, BlackNote seems like the way to go.
I haven't used a Pico, before. Coming from pipe smoking I found I like the higher volume of vapor that something like a baby beast or cloud beast gives me. Not a bad price on the Pico though for a full starter kit.

As far as juice, there are a lot of options out there that may be even cheaper than element. My favorite all day is from you got e-juice. It's a chocolate strawberry. Humble juice also has some pretty good prices and decent flavor, not sure on the tobacco flavors though. Haven't vaped one of those in quite a while.
Not sure on the flavor comparison, but as far as price, black note is selling a 30ml bottle for $30. You can get a 60ml bottle from you got e-juice for $12. Like I said, I'm not sure how the tobacco flavor compares, but it may be worth shopping around. Especially if you vape like I do, I'm through half a 60ml bottle that I bought 3 days ago haha.

One thing I did not see on your order was a battery charger. I would recommend a good one. I have a nitecore d4 smart charger and highly recommend one. It will make your batteries last a lot longer and give you room to upgrade. Plus it'll do AA and other common batteries as well, so it's pretty useful all the way around. I don't like to use the usb/built in chargers, even more so on dual or more battery mods. Mine and the wife's are both dual battery mods, and that charger keeps us both going.

One thing I did not see on your order was a battery charger. I would recommend a good one. I have a nitecore d4 smart charger and highly recommend one. It will make your batteries last a lot longer and give you room to upgrade. Plus it'll do AA and other common batteries as well, so it's pretty useful all the way around. I don't like to use the usb/built in chargers, even more so on dual or more battery mods. Mine and the wife's are both dual battery mods, and that charger keeps us both going.
I thought about an external charger, but decided to hold off until my next hardware upgrade, which will most likely be a dual battery mod. I was going to order a spare battery on this one, but scaled back on that expense so I could get some replacement heads for the tanks I already own (Nautilus and ProTank II). I'm hoping these tanks are compatible with the eLeaf Pico, I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't be.

The Melo III that comes with the kit is my first time with a sub-ohm tank ... I'm anxious to see what all the fuss is about. Luckily, this comes with 3 different heads (0.25, 0.3, 0.5 ohms.) MFS was out of stock on replacements, but I can get them from eBay when I need them.

Can somebody give me a quick lesson on what all the different coils are about? Ni, SS, Ti ... I know what the initials mean, but why would I want to choose one over the other? And I keep seeing refs to Clapton and Kanthol and a few other terms, and I'm clueless as to what these mean and the pros and cons associated with each of many choices in the coil universe.

Generally, when I placed my order for replacements for the Nautilus and ProTankII heads, I chose the one with least resistance. I hope this was the best option. I'm assuming that lower resistance will give me bigger, denser clouds and better flavor, which is what I want ... but will also use up juice faster (both battery and eLiquid) and cause the coil itself to need replacing more often. Is this how it works?

I thought about an external charger, but decided to hold off until my next hardware upgrade, which will most likely be a dual battery mod. I was going to order a spare battery on this one, but scaled back on that expense so I could get some replacement heads for the tanks I already own (Nautilus and ProTank II). I'm hoping these tanks are compatible with the eLeaf Pico, I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't be.

The Melo III that comes with the kit is my first time with a sub-ohm tank ... I'm anxious to see what all the fuss is about. Luckily, this comes with 3 different heads (0.25, 0.3, 0.5 ohms.) MFS was out of stock on replacements, but I can get them from eBay when I need them.

Can somebody give me a quick lesson on what all the different coils are about? Ni, SS, Ti ... I know what the initials mean, but why would I want to choose one over the other? And I keep seeing refs to Clapton and Kanthol and a few other terms, and I'm clueless as to what these mean and the pros and cons associated with each of many choices in the coil universe.

Generally, when I placed my order for replacements for the Nautilus and ProTankII heads, I chose the one with least resistance. I hope this was the best option. I'm assuming that lower resistance will give me bigger, denser clouds and better flavor, which is what I want ... but will also use up juice faster (both battery and eLiquid) and cause the coil itself to need replacing more often. Is this how it works?
Not sure on the compatibility of the tanks with your mod. Some can be picky, but most work together as long as your ohm range is compatible.

As far as the metals, nichrome runs at a slightly lower resistance per length than kanthal, and heats up faster. It has less ramp up time on a built coil so its good for cloud comps. It also has a lower melting point and wears out faster than kanthal.
Titanium has about double the resistance letting you use less wraps. It will also heat to the point of ignition and that's not a fire you want to contend with. Your mod should never reach those levels however, but something to keep in mind if you start to build. Mainly used in tempurature control settings.
Stainless is reported to have good flavor and easier to work with than titanium, as well as being cheaper. Also used in temp control mode.
Kanthal is probably the cheapest of the four, good durability, and easy to work with. So far all of my builds have been kanthal wire. It's a nice cheap all around wire that is pretty durable. It can rust after some time however, but cheap enough that it's not a big deal.

If your mod doesn't have a temp control setting, I would steer clear of SS and TI coils.

Clapton is a type of build. It is a core of normally 1 to 3 wires with a smaller gauge wire wrapped tightly around them. I will attach a pic at the bottom with one. There are more spaces for the juice to get into the wire allowing for better flavor.

I've found that lower resistance and higher wattage gets bigger clouds, but not necessarily better flavor. Some higher resistance lower watt builds actually taste better. A good part of it depends on airflow as well. For example I have one build that ohms out at around .36ohms. If I run it at 75 watts with the air wide open, I get huge clouds but not a lot of flavor. If I turn it down to 50 watts and close up the airflow a little bit, I get a ton of flavor, but not as much cloud.
Big cloud=more juice used. Higher watts=more battery used. (And generally more juice used as well since you are burning it up quicker.)

Here is an example of a clapton coil that I built. There are two core wires that I twisted together, then I "claptoned" them with a smaller wire.
DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

The Pico is a great little mod, and it has decent temp control abilities. I use SS, but in regular wattage mode - I just haven't found temp-control to be worth the trouble. I'm not a sub-Ohm guy, so I don't use the Melo III tank, but it is well-regarded and the included coils work fine. The Pico does seem to drain batteries pretty easily (it stops at 3.5V, I think...some mods go to 3.2V), so try to get a 3000mAh battery. The big thing is the diameter of the tank - the battery cap gets in the way, so you need to use 22mm or less. I use a Tobeco Kayfun Mini3 clone on mine. It's very pocket-friendly due to the size.
My personal preference for a charger is the XTAR VC series - very nice and affordable.

The Pico is a great little mod, and it has decent temp control abilities. I use SS, but in regular wattage mode - I just haven't found temp-control to be worth the trouble. I'm not a sub-Ohm guy, so I don't use the Melo III tank, but it is well-regarded and the included coils work fine. The Pico does seem to drain batteries pretty easily (it stops at 3.5V, I think...some mods go to 3.2V), so try to get a 3000mAh battery. The big thing is the diameter of the tank - the battery cap gets in the way, so you need to use 22mm or less. I use a Tobeco Kayfun Mini3 clone on mine. It's very pocket-friendly due to the size.
My personal preference for a charger is the XTAR VC series - very nice and affordable.
Well, my Nautilus tank has a base of 23.5mm, so it may be too fat for the Pico. That's OK, it gives me a good excuse to upgrade to another mod sooner than I was planning to.

My ProTank2 is hard to open, whether it's for bottom filling or changing the coil. The base seems to be jammed tight at the seam that needs to be opened for access.

Is there a tool that will give me more leverage? And once I get it open, is there something I can coat the threads with that will prevent it from seizing up again, while at the same time not altering the taste?

I've tried tons of different dual coil velocity tanks, which in my experience leak like a sieve; some due to design, some due to wicks that have "burnt in" and have decided to leak.

What I think is my absolute favorite, so far for ease of building and wicking, is the original Bachelor tank. The only downside I've run into, so far, is that the base is pressed and will separate if it's dropped; that and it won't work on my "vintage" iStick 100 (due to the iStick's 510 being worn out). Other than that it's been a great tank.

Let he who is without sin cast the first rock, and we shall smoketh it

I've been vaping for about 4 years now and I've been through the gambit of hardware. Started with the usual I-stik then got into unregulated stuff with a dripper and "clouds bro clouds" mentality. Now days, I like to enjoy my vape. I DIY juice that I love and use a tank (RTA). So I have a lost vape therion DNA 75 with an OBS Engine sitting on top. The engine has the perfect airflow and builds like a dream, plus it doesn't leak AT ALL. My favorite by a landslide.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If I want flavor I use the pharoah rta. I also like the boreas for flavor but they both seep. I don't care about that.

Tried the OBA engine, still have it, hate it. It's in the box never to be used again.

I'm still using that TFV4 with the rta deck (actually had to buy replacement parts for it as I broke both glasses and the build deck failed after two years of daily use). Since my last post I bought an Ijoy Combo II (though I think I may buy some of the other build decks, the one it comes with is somewhat tricky) and a Griffin. I really like the Griffin but it seems that it likes to use cotton balls rather than the cotton make up pads I prefer to use for wicking.

Note: Kinzor thinks that "premium cotton" is a load of bs. Provided it is organic, unbleached cotton all cotton is the same, though he'd use paper towel if it wicked well.

As far as tanks go, I knocked over my mod with my TFV12 on it and it bent the center post and the glass wouldn't seal anymore. I replaced it with a Uwell Valyrian. This thing is great. Better flavor than the TFV12 and almost as much cloud.

I was getting about 60ml of use with the coils in the TFV12 (I hate saying days weeks etc... because not everyone vapes the same.) but I'm averaging 3 times that on the Valyrian coils.

If your mod doesn't have a temp control setting, I would steer clear of SS and TI coils.
Stainless Steel 316L is just fine without temperature control. I've never bothered with temperature control but have used stainless steel 316L coils with a tube mech & regulated mods in power/watt mode. Temperature control is, I think, more of an optional extra.

Top Bottom