What's new

Favourite Tank

I am really enjoying the Smok TFV4, best tank I have had so far. The only problem with it is it drinks juice like there is no tomorrow
$2015-09-21 16.36.30.jpg

I like a Goblin Mini. I still use my modified Orchids, but like the AFC on the Goblin Mini. I also like the small package. I don't use replaceable coiled tanks, as I find that every juice sometimes need a little different build to bring out the best of the juice.

Besides, I can replace cotton in an RTA for 7 cents and a coil and cotton for 15 cents. Why would I pay so much more for a coil?

I kind of equate it to a DE vs a cartridge shave. Why spend more when I can get the same shave or the same vape for less money?

Greg W.

I'm not really enjoying the Atlantis V2 or Delta II as much as I thought I would be. I've been eyeing an Arctic in the local Vape Shop though.

I guess I'm looking for an RDA with capacity. I love my Tugboat. :001_smile

I only own two tanks. Pretty happy with both of them but it's tough to pick a favourite.

The Lemo Drop is easy to build on, Kayfun style deck. It vapes nicely and is pretty conservative with juice use. My preferred tank for out and about with some 12mg juice, the little rubber plug ring, as an option instead of the screw fill, also makes filling on the move a doddle. Only real irritation is I've had to resort to pliers and wrenches to get the base off on occasion.
$IMG_20150624_144947.jpg

My Cthulhu puts out better flavour and vapour but I've yet to fill it without some spillage, it's a little tight building for the dual coil it needs, I've broken two tanks and it really burns through the juice. When it's up and running it's awesome but it's spent much of it's life with me out of action.....I have 5 spare tanks on the way and am gonna pick up a few of those little rubber slip/protective rings the Prof has in the OP so hopefully I'll have it action again soon.
$IMG_20150520_135251.jpg

Neither are perfect but between the two I have no urge to buy any more tanks at the moment, they've seen me well for months and hopefully a lot longer.....having said that I'm doing about 80% of my vaping on little Derringer rda's. A full tank of the Lemo Drop with the Coolfire 4 single 18650 battery lasts me 5-7 days for a few puffs during commutes/lunch/breaks, I tend to tear through the juice later on in the evening trawling around the net with a dripper.

Last edited:
So I have or have had 5 sub ohm tanks. The TFV4 is by far the best. Best flavor, best vapor, best design, best everything. I love that tank.

Ranked by my preference:
1. TFV4 - I have 3 of these, they are amazing.
2. Billow V2 - Beautiful tank, fantastic flavor, I just wish it had more air flow.
3. Aspire Atlantis V2 - Pretty standard sub ohm tank. Good air flow, easy design
4. Horizon Tech Arctic - Again, pretty standard sub ohm tank. Comparable to the Atlantis V2 in most ways, except the juice well goes well below the glass, and you have to tilt it on its side to see if you have any liquid left.
5. Kanger Subtank Mini - Did not like this tank at all. To date, it's the only tank I've ever given away.

So I have or have had 5 sub ohm tanks. The TFV4 is by far the best. Best flavor, best vapor, best design, best everything. I love that tank.

Ranked by my preference:
1. TFV4 - I have 3 of these, they are amazing.
2. Billow V2 - Beautiful tank, fantastic flavor, I just wish it had more air flow.
3. Aspire Atlantis V2 - Pretty standard sub ohm tank. Good air flow, easy design
4. Horizon Tech Arctic - Again, pretty standard sub ohm tank. Comparable to the Atlantis V2 in most ways, except the juice well goes well below the glass, and you have to tilt it on its side to see if you have any liquid left.
5. Kanger Subtank Mini - Did not like this tank at all. To date, it's the only tank I've ever given away.

I think the RTAs are great on the go. As long as I wick my RTA properly, the sub tank mini never leaks.

I will have to try a TFv4. I like the sub tank, but I feel like there's gotta be something better. TFV4 doesn't come with the RTA? That kind of bugs me, but oh well.

I think the RTAs are great on the go. As long as I wick my RTA properly, the sub tank mini never leaks.

I will have to try a TFv4. I like the sub tank, but I feel like there's gotta be something better. TFV4 doesn't come with the RTA? That kind of bugs me, but oh well.

the TFV4 is the tank of options. There are two (four) versions. The Kit and the Single. The Kit, among other things, does come with one of the RBAs. The Single does not.

The MSRP on the TFV4 is $50 for the Kit and $40 for the Single, but since you'll spend $10 on an RBA anyway, it makes sense to get the Kit.

All that said, ecig.com does have the Single for $23, which is an absolute steal. http://www.ecig.com/smok-tfv4-tank-single-kit.html

the TFV4 is the tank of options. There are two (four) versions. The Kit and the Single. The Kit, among other things, does come with one of the RBAs. The Single does not.

The MSRP on the TFV4 is $50 for the Kit and $40 for the Single, but since you'll spend $10 on an RBA anyway, it makes sense to get the Kit.

All that said, ecig.com does have the Single for $23, which is an absolute steal. http://www.ecig.com/smok-tfv4-tank-single-kit.html

Good stuff. Will have to do some shopping after work :)

Edit: Will have to try both the TFR1 and 2. Do you have any preference?

Last edited:
Good stuff. Will have to do some shopping after work :)

Edit: Will have to try both the TFR1 and 2. Do you have any preference?

I find the TFR1 is easier to build and overall flows better. I'm waiting for the TF-CLP to start shipping. That's going to be fun to play with.

Here are pictures of my TFR1 and TFR2 next to my Crown RBA.
http://bit.ly/1GTvCAc

I find the TFR1 is easier to build and overall flows better. I'm waiting for the TF-CLP to start shipping. That's going to be fun to play with.

Here are pictures of my TFR1 and TFR2 next to my Crown RBA.
http://bit.ly/1GTvCAc

Looks like the full kit comes with the Clapton RBA. I would assume it would work with normal coils, but I might get the TFR1 too just to be safe.

Looks like the full kit comes with the Clapton RBA. I would assume it would work with normal coils, but I might get the TFR1 too just to be safe.

It should work with non-Claptoned coils. I can't see why it wouldn't. Then again, I don't have one in my hands yet, so I cannot say for sure.

So far, I'm really enjoying my Aspire Nautulis Minis. My eGo ONE Mega isn't bad...the Kangertech Mini Protank2s aren't bad either, just too tight of a draw. And the eGo starter kit tanks suck.

Top Bottom