What's new

favourite shaving soap brand

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Have to agree with many who posted TOBS...never had a bad experience with it and have several in my collection now. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is another favorite. I tend to like the soaps and creams that whip up easy and, when dialed in well, are creamy like dessert topping and paint on like quality wall paint. I could post three or four more, but these two are consistently good.

I'm getting better at dialing in the lather. That'll help the experience with any soap or cream.

Happy shaves, everyone!

If you haven't done so, get some Captain's Choice soap (or cream). Scott (aka @Captain Pre-Capsize) is an active forum member and he takes members' feedback into account when making his products.

I may sound like a shill for Captain's Choice (but I am definitely not one). It's just I am that fond of the products I've purchased and tried from Captain's Choice. On top of which, Scott has always been very quick in his turnaround time and responsive to emails. All of this means I'm more than happy to pass on a good word or two about him and his products.

been thinking of adding a Chiseled Face soap to my collection, I've not tried any of that brand yet, what are the thoughts on Chiseled Face🤔

I have used their Ghost Town Barber and Easy St. Scents. I really like them both. Scent strength is pretty strong to me. I find some of the other scents a little too heavy for me or not as pleasant.

I just finished 3017ing my tub of GTB and the shaves got better as I got more comfortable with it and I am a little sad that it is gone. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again, but I am also not rushing out to get it. I LOVE the scent of Easy St and find myself shying away from using it since it isn't available any longer.

Since soap is so subjective and to give some context, soaps I have used/finished in the past year or two (so are my most immediate comparisons) include Stirling, Noble Otter, Fine Accoutrements, Wet Shaving Products (both rustic and formula T), Zingari Man Sego, and Siliski Soaps. I liked all of these with the Fine soap being the most recent and, so far, my least enthusiastic endorsement.

Soaps I have either trashed, PIFd, or used without joy include RazorRock P160 tub (didn't care for scent/scent strength), Proraso white tub and green tube (didn't care for the layer of stuff it left on everything and didn't love the lather), TOBS Avocado (scent was way too floral/something to my nose, but shave was nice and I love their grapefruit)

All of that said, if I was forced to pick a favorite soap I would probably go with Stirling. There is something about it that I personally enjoy more than the Arko/Williams of the world but it has kept pricing in a place where I feel it is still a great value. My Stirling tub lasted 6+ months of 5+ shaves a week, Chiseled face lasted a little less long, and NO was gone significantly faster (but I sill loved the soap).

And, done with my highly inexperienced ramble.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
If you haven't done so, get some Captain's Choice soap (or cream). Scott (aka @Captain Pre-Capsize) is an active forum member and he takes members' feedback into account when making his products.

I may sound like a shill for Captain's Choice (but I am definitely not one). It's just I am that fond of the products I've purchased and tried from Captain's Choice. On top of which, Scott has always been very quick in his turnaround time and responsive to emails. All of this means I'm more than happy to pass on a good word or two about him and his products.

Yup! Another good product! Would count CC in my list of soaps/creams that perform very well.

Top Bottom