What's new

Favourite sandwich?

Cream cheese and sliced olives on a bagel.
Slice a bagel and put Cream cheese on both sides, fill with smoked salmon, add some caviar.
My favorite grilled cheese: Swiss on Rye

Sorry time ran out for me to post a picture of my mozzarella sandwich. But here it is!
F58405B5-E85B-4D06-BD78-49A83E6E2479.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔Turkey and bacon is hard to beat.

Publix has a shockingly good poboy though, with spicy turkey, fried shrimp, and aoli or remoulade sauce.

AA

We did roast sirloin last night and had enough leftover for a sandwich today: a splat of mustard and crusty baguette, not bad.

I make these as soon as avocadoes start showing up, don't know if it has a name -

toasted Como or Pugliese bread (crusty white bread more airy that Italian)
spinach leaves
tomato
bacon
goat cheese
avocado
mayo
black pepper

A good open faced hot brown. Toasted white bread, turkey, ham, morney sauce topped with bacon, tomato and cheddar cheese broiled until the cheddar is melted

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I love 'em all. The ones I make most often are Cubano, ham and cheese on kaiser, cold roast beef on buttered sourdough with mustard pickle, turkey and smoked provolone panini, tuna, egg salad, hot roast beef with brown gravy, meat ball, fried egg, BLT, Denver, cucumber, grilled cheese, Reubens, burgers (including vegetable burgers), and hot dogs. The ones for which I like to go out are pastrami on rye with brown mustard, classic subs with cap, mortadella, hots, etc., banh mi (most any kind), muffuletta, cheese steak, hot brown, club, po boy...

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
🤔Turkey and bacon is hard to beat.

Publix has a shockingly good poboy though, with spicy turkey, fried shrimp, and aoli or remoulade sauce.

AA
I really like Publix subs but I've never tried that one. It's in the current Publix ad this week so maybe I'll pick one up for lunch.:001_smile

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Since getting a Big Green Egg several years ago, pulled pork and/or brisket sandwiches have become a favorite around here.

And I make a killer horseradish sauce.... sour cream (3 parts), mayo (1.5 parts) and horseradish in any amount you prefer.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Recently I have been making a new one I recommend. Usually dinner is a small cut of protein like a loin pork chop, chicken thigh, or small eye of the round steak, usually with a peppered wine based pan sauce and often with the addition of things like bell peppers, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, or mushrooms. Also stroganoff happens now and then. I have taken to making some extra. I slice it, toss it in a skillet with a little oil. I get some of the pan sauce or stroganoff sauce, too, and toss that in. I caramelize a little pile of sliced onions, put them on the pile of meat and vegetables, and melt a suitable cheese like Swiss or provolone to hold it together, and put it on a bun, roll, or slice of bread which I spread with mayonnaise and cook n the pan with a weight on top, yielding something like a Cubano bread if the rolls are used or a grilled cheese if bread is used. The first one was a stroganoff cheese steak grilled cheese. I am addicted. Today I'll be using a pork chop in Marsala with shiitakes and shallots. I have a nice red onion and some Swiss and some Martin's slider buns.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Tuna, onions, mayo, on toasted bread.
This has been my favorite since I was a small child. 😁

We're simple folk here in the UK and that is reflected in my sandwich heaven. Well buttered Crusty Wholemeal (Wholewheat) bread with Mature Cheddar Cheese and sliced Vine Ripened Tomatoes - Salt and Black Pepper of course. The acidity of the tomatoes cuts through the fattiness of the cheese perfectly.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Since getting a Big Green Egg several years ago, pulled pork and/or brisket sandwiches have become a favorite around here.

And I make a killer horseradish sauce.... sour cream (3 parts), mayo (1.5 parts) and horseradish in any amount you prefer.
The Horseradish MUST make you cry, but just a little. THEN it is perfect!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Recently I have been making a new one I recommend. Usually dinner is a small cut of protein like a loin pork chop, chicken thigh, or small eye of the round steak, usually with a peppered wine based pan sauce and often with the addition of things like bell peppers, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, or mushrooms. Also stroganoff happens now and then. I have taken to making some extra. I slice it, toss it in a skillet with a little oil. I get some of the pan sauce or stroganoff sauce, too, and toss that in. I caramelize a little pile of sliced onions, put them on the pile of meat and vegetables, and melt a suitable cheese like Swiss or provolone to hold it together, and put it on a bun, roll, or slice of bread which I spread with mayonnaise and cook n the pan with a weight on top, yielding something like a Cubano bread if the rolls are used or a grilled cheese if bread is used. The first one was a stroganoff cheese steak grilled cheese. I am addicted. Today I'll be using a pork chop in Marsala with shiitakes and shallots. I have a nice red onion and some Swiss and some Martin's slider buns.
Them's some good sammich guidelines. My only "problem" with a wine deglaze/reduction is that the rest of the bottle needs to be used thereafter. I manage. YMMV

Top Bottom