What's new

Favourite sandwich?

Yea buddy, Vietnamese sandwiches blew my mind when I first tried one. There was a bakery a block from my apartment where sandwiches cost $1.50.
I use to seek out this little food cart in the lobby of a building downtown. They had a turkey club that had Gorgonzola mixed into the mayonnaise.
ive been making open face sandwiches lately. It’s been a little chilly so a nice hot open face sandwich with melted cheese hits the spot.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I couldn't narrow it down to 10, much less choose a favorite. This thread hasn't made that task any easier.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I do also really enjoy a well-made grilled cheese sandwich!

1616180427305.png

+1 for BLT especially when local farmstand tomatoes first come in season!!

I do recall having an exceptionally good BLT once at a place where they obviously took good care about their ingredients, and it just so happened that it was "tomato season" ... yum!

Something few people know...Montreal smoked meat and Mortadella make a deadly combination.
The Montreal Deli used to make a grilled Reuben that included thin hot mortadella stacked on top of the Smoked Meat...to die for.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Yes, I do like playing the "how much sliced meat can you pick up with two pieces of bread?" game ...

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Silly Forum people. Everyone knows the best sandwich is a lobster roll from Red's Eats in Wiscasset. No mayo for me, thank you.

Wow this thread is making me hungry! A reuben is always delicious also blt, liver sausage and onion and a gyros.
I don’t think anyone has named the combo yet, Italian beef over Italian sausage on crusty French bread roll with hot giardiniera dunked in au jus. A classic Chicago staple!

Wow this thread is making me hungry! A reuben is always delicious also blt, liver sausage and onion and a gyros.
I don’t think anyone has named the combo yet, Italian beef over Italian sausage on crusty French bread roll with hot giardiniera dunked in au jus. A classic Chicago staple!
The Italian beef and sausage? That is good! But I think I prefer just the Italian beef by itself, without sausage, but with the giardiniera and super wet.

Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on a hard roll, French fries and brown gravy on the side.
Or
Pastrami Reuben on sourdough or rosemary bread and then on a panini press.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow, the Taylor Ham sandwich with the French fries and brown gravy is great, a favorite of mine. Darn it, now I’m hungry.

Top Bottom