What's new

Favourite local shaving product?

Hi all,

We have some great products down under, am interested in hearing about your favourite shaving product that is available 'round these parts.

For me it would have to be Palmolive shave cream, great price and fantastic performance.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I reckon the Palmolive shave cream is very hard to beat!

Legion

Staff member
Aussie Palmolive isn't despised. I think it is OK, I just think the Euro stick is a bit better. Vintage tallow Aussie Palmolive was bloody awesome! If you find a crusty old stick of that in a vintage shave kit, snap it up.

Barber's Supply Shave Cream (made in Sydney; used to be called Bardsley's). Their Bay Rum is great stuff, too - you can use it for everything: aftershave, cleanser, sting relief, etc, etc, etc!

What no one likes mennen sticks. If it makes you feel better it's issued in prison as compressed gasses are a no no :)

They can special buy a brush and good portion do but some just rub it on and use their hand to lather. The brushes are shocking and the knots fall out after a week and the inmate ends up just using the knot with no handle

Last edited:
They can special buy a brush and good portion do but some just rub it on and use their hand to lather. The brushes are shocking and the knots fall out after a week and the inmate ends up just using the knot with no handle

Sounds like the first brush I had, knot fell out after one shave. But araldite for the win! :thumbsup:

I quite like the Palmolive Stick. Sometimes you see it for under $2 so you can't really argue with that.

It also makes an incredible frankenlather when mixed with Fauldings Shave.

:thumbup:

Top Bottom