What's new

Favourite instant coffee?

I like Jacob's as well as Carte Noir. Jacob's makes very interesting sticks as 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 (coffee+sugar is the 2, add the powdered ... cream(?) and that's 3).

I think Starbucks instant is the best. If you like your coffee "dressed" up any of the instant coffee sticks from an Asian store would be good.

My newest...
20220331_075406_resized.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Easy choice for me. Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence. By far my favourite instant, although I do often buy lower priced coffees too, depending on what other life expenses I have that month.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Twice now in a week I’ve been able to post this about instant coffee. A classic Chris Farley skit.

When backpacking we used to use Nescafé. I now have a French press that fits in a Nalgene bottle, so we have fresh coffee.

I drink black tee if proper coffee is unavailable.

I agree whole heartedly. I'm yet to find an instant coffee that actually tastes like coffee, which I drink black. Perhaps if I regularly took it with creamer and sugar, instant would be more palatable. I recently decided (realized) that drinking too much coffee has been the cause of my feeling generally crappy, so I've taken to just have 1 cup before I leave the house in the morning then drinking herbal tea at work.

I have never been a fan of instant coffee of any brand.

If you cannot tolerate brewed coffee, try drinking good quality tea. I am not talking about the tea bags selling for a few dollars per 100, but high-quality loose leaf tea that costs as much or more per cup than home-brewed coffee.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I happily drink both ground coffee and instant. Usually with milk and sugar, but I can drink it black if I switch to brown sugar instead of white. I can't drink the face puckering liquid evil sold at coffee places though. I'll stick to tea anywhere that considers the person behind the counter to be a barista. However, if that's how you like your coffee, I haven't found an instant to match it. Maybe a heaped spoonful of roofing tar, perhaps?

I also use both loose leaf tea and tea bags. Tea bags are always with milk and sugar, although some loose leaf will be with honey and lemon. It depends which I am in the mood for, as to which I choose, just as it does with coffee. However, I do have to draw the line at instant tea. I can't abide that stuff.

I use Taylors of Harrogate Coffee Bags when in a pinch. They have different strengths as well a decaf version. Although as it's still brewed as opposed to instant I'm not sure if it would be an option?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I happily drink both ground coffee and instant. Usually with milk and sugar, but I can drink it black if I switch to brown sugar instead of white. I can't drink the face puckering liquid evil sold at coffee places though. I'll stick to tea anywhere that considers the person behind the counter to be a barista. However, if that's how you like your coffee, I haven't found an instant to match it. Maybe a heaped spoonful of roofing tar, perhaps?

I also use both loose leaf tea and tea bags. Tea bags are always with milk and sugar, although some loose leaf will be with honey and lemon. It depends which I am in the mood for, as to which I choose, just as it does with coffee. However, I do have to draw the line at instant tea. I can't abide that stuff.
Your werds drew pictures in my mind, my friend! Thank you.

I have become such a coffee snob the older I get. I have been perkalatin' my coffee at home for about 2.478 years now, and my new meds and post Covid(?) have messed up my NEED for coffee in the AM.... I don't get a headache if I skip the coffee now. But I rarely do.

The ONLY instant coffee I buy now is decaf, for the one time per year I might actually want a coffee at night.

The last instant coffee I had turned into a SOLID inside the well sealed plastic container it came in. I tried some anyway, and it was horrid, so I tossed it.

I would buy instant McDonald's coffee in a heartbeat if they sell it. Do they? The drive thru McD's coffee is the best I have had for any price, regular or unleaded.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I use Taylors of Harrogate Coffee Bags when in a pinch. They have different strengths as well a decaf version. Although as it's still brewed as opposed to instant I'm not sure if it would be an option?
THIS sounds interesting.....

If I'm Korreck in my Tinking, that is a mix of freeze dried instant and ground coffee?

I had forgotten about bagged coffee. I could always put the opened container in the deep freezer....

THIS sounds interesting.....

If I'm Korreck in my Tinking, that is a mix of freeze dried instant and ground coffee?

I had forgotten about bagged coffee. I could always put the opened container in the deep freezer....
The Taylors ones are full of ground coffee only. Each bag is individually wrapped in foil so they should stay fresh for quite a while.

Top Bottom